3 Ways to treat a Stye
****This post is sponsored by TRP and Women’s Choice Award. All opinions are My own.******
Being a nurse I don’t like to go to the doctors very much. I am always looking for ways to avoid taking antibiotics for every little ailment I have. I usually look for home remedies to take care of myself. I even passed that trait onto both of my kids. I will never forget one time my daughter broke her finger in a door she went to the store and bought a splint and went back to work. I did make her go for an x-ray later that evening. Sometimes that may not be for the best I always tell my patients to go to the doctors. A Stye in the eye is one thing I try to treat at home.
What is a Stye?
A stye is a red, hot, very tender swollen bump near the edge of your eyelid. Styes start as a pimple or dead skin near the eyelash that turns into a painful stye. They usually last a couple days but if they last longer you should seek medical treatment. Styes are common for people ages 20-50. There is no treatment for a stye but you can treat the symptoms at home. Besides being unattractive Styes can cause burning, watery eyes, and itching.
Contact your doctor if:
- Swelling doesn’t go down in a few days or seems to get worse
- Your eyelid is so swollen you can’t see
- You have pain in or around the eye
- Your stye comes back.
- Blurred vision
What Can You do?
**always contact your doctor before starting any treatments***
- Avoid wearing makeup and contact lenses keep your eyes clean and dry. Keep your hands and other objects away from your eyes.
- Warm compresses, Wash your face with warm water and soap. Apply warm tea bags to help draw the stye out.
- Stye Relief® Lubricating Eye Ointment is a homeopathic ointment for the temporary relief of the symptoms of styes such as itching, burning, tearing, and bumps on the eyelid.
Stye Relief® has continuously won the Woman’s ChoiceAward from 2014-2017 for being the most recommended stye product. Our commitment is to give our customers a high quality and effective product to help them Stay Healthy, Naturally™