Beauty Master Class: How To Perfect The Smokey Eye
*Photo credit https://www.nallucollection.com/madhubala-in-carrot-red-anarkali-suit*
Just like fashion, beauty is flexible and can be experimented with different makeups, allowing women to personalize their look any day of the week. Choosing make-up is often a more cost-effective alternative than splashing out on an entire outfit. Visiting the beauty counter is also appealing to the female demographic on the whole.
Having elegance sometimes extends further than fashion alone, which is why the art of applying makeup is essential for a woman.
One of the most famous experiments in the history of makeup is the smokey eye. Eye products like eye shadow palettes, eyeliners and mascara wands have been used for years to help women experiment with their facial features. Natural make-up is a trend in its own right, but the smokey eye will always be loved by fashionable females all over the world. Especially, with splendid designer wears and Bollywood designer dresses, smokey eyes blend perfectly, to match the occasion.
The majority of women prefer to achieve quick-fix results that they can implement into their everyday look, and surprisingly, smokey eyes do not take hours to apply, despite preconceived notions.
So if you want to learn how to perfect the art of smokey eye on a regular basis for nights out and special occasions, especially, with splendid designer wears and Bollywood designer dresses, just follow these few simple beauty tips.
- The key concept to a smokey eye look is to blend, blend, and blend some more! There is nothing more flattering than an eye that is contoured in all the right places. Firstly, it’s important to create a smooth base for your eye shadow to gel into. Apply a creamy concealer with your fingertips, or by using a concealer brush if you want a more precise application. Concealers like Benefit’s ‘Boi-ing’ industrial-strength concealer, and YSL’s ‘Touche Eclat’ highlighter pen are both artisan beauty products which will create an ideal smokey eye canvas.
- Next, take a black kohl eyeliner pencil and simply follow your top lash line, starting from the inner corner and working your way outwards with a steady hand. Follow this same process to line your lower lashes. The Bourjois’ ’ color & Contour’ eyeliner fit the bill effortlessly for this task.
- In order to nail the classic charcoal look, use a trio or a quad eye shadow palette such as MAC’S ‘Riff-Raff’ eye shadow palette. Begin sweeps the lightest color shade across your eyelid, then work up towards the brow.
- You’ll then need to use your palette’s medium shade, blending it from halfway across your eyelid. Continue to blend this medium shade upwards and outwards, focusing on working the color into the crease of your eyelid.
- Now for the main event, sweep the darkest shade of your palette into the outer corner of your eye, including the crease to create an intense dark color. This will enable you to achieve the ultimate smokey eye. Remember to blend all three colors thoroughly to avoid panda eyes!
- Finally, to balance out your smouldering upper lid, use the same darkest shade and sweep this powder just underneath your lower lash line. Then apply lashings of volume-enhancing mascara to complete your smokey eye look. L’Oreal’s ‘Lash Architect’ is a great product for lengthening and building volume intensity.
Top Tip: Add extra highlights to your brow line by using a metallic eye shadow, or an illuminating highlighter pen.
Prachi KIran, a fashion observer and columnist, is a contributing editor at Nallu Collections. She started her career as a lifestyle reporter covering luxury goods and fashion.