Quick & Easy Holiday Recipes
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Chex®. The opinions and text are all mine.
The Holiday Season is already here. It seems like it always comes up so quickly. Office Christmas parties and family gatherings will be here before you know it. My son is away at college in Virginia and my daughter is going to come home as well. It seems it gets harder and harder to get everyone together. When we are all together I like to make our time special. I don’t want to spend it cooking for hours. I like to always have some quick gift ideas and some Quick & Easy Holiday Recipes available at all times. In my house, you never know when you will see the unexpected guest and I do not like to be unprepared.
Muddy Buddy Chex Mix is a top favorite in my house. Both of my kids love Muddy Buddies, and I like to make large batches so I have enough at home and enough to take to work for everyone to enjoy. It is almost a tradition at this point. I have even decorated mason jars filled with Muddy Buddies Chex Mix and given them out as gifts.
Everyone loves my Muddy Buddie Chex Mix so much and the secret is that it is so simple to make. If my co-workers only knew how easy it was to make they would all be making it. So let’s just keep this top secret between you and me. To make Muddy Buddie Chex Mix you only need a few ingredients. I found everything I needed right at Publix. I needed Corn Chex, butter, chocolate chips, vanilla and, my favorite, peanut butter.
The great thing about Publix is everything I needed was on sale or I had a coupon for it. How cool is that? Chex Muddy Buddies makes a super yummy snack, makes a great gift and, best of all, it is very affordable to make when you shop at Publix. This time of the year I have to save all the money I can, that is why I went to Publix.
Right now you can get these great offers at www.GetTheSavings.com/Chex
You can find the original recipe right on ChexMix website www.GetTheSavings.com/Chex
you can also find some of my other favorite Chex recipes like Chocolate Caramel Drizzles made with caramel and chocolate (of course!), Muddy Buddies Chex Mix, and Sugar Cookie Chex Mix made with white chocolate baking chips.
$1 Off Any 3 Chex Cereals 12-14 oz (12/10 – 1/6)
BOGO Offer (12/14 – 12/21)
2 for $6 Ghirardelli® Baking Chips 10-12 oz
2 for $5 Smart Balance® Natural Peanut Butter 16 oz
$1.99 Dizie Crystals® Extra Fine Granulated Sugar 4lb
2 for $4.99 Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract 2 oz
2 for $5 Ziploc® brand Container 2-4 ct.
Chex Muddy Buddies
- 9 cups Rice Chex, Corn Chex or Chocolate Chex cereal (or combination)
- 1 cup Ghirardelli® semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Smart Balance® Natural Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals® Powdered Sugar
- Ziploc® 2-Gallon Resealable Bag or Container
- Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
- In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave Ghirardelli® chocolate chips, Smart Balance® peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in Spice Islands Pure Vanilla Extract. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon Ziploc resealable food-storage plastic bag or container.
- Add Dixie Crystals® powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight Ziploc® container in refrigerator.
- Healthy: Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- Substitution: Peanut butter and chocolate are a favorite flavor combo, but peanut butter lovers can substitute peanut butter chips for the chocolate chips to intensify that flavor.
- Serving Size: Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 80); Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 170mg; Total Carbohydrate 29g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 16g); Protein 3g
- % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 6%; Iron 25%
- Exchanges: 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 Carbohydrate Choice
- MyPyramid Servings: 1 tsp Fats & Oils; 0 oz-eq Grains; 0 oz-eq Meat & Beans
- *% Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Makes: 18 servings
Crack Chicken is another appetizer I love to make during the holiday. Crack Chicken is one dish everyone in my house just loves. Every time my kids are home they request Crack Chicken. You will not be able to stop eating this dish. Chicken, Bacon, Ranch, and Cheese this is not only easy to make with my pressure cooker it is the perfect dish to take along to any Holiday Party. You can serve Crack Chicken with chips, bread or even over rice. It is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Warning you will not have any leftover it is highly addicting.
Lastly, My Elf on the Shelf Strawberry Hot Chocolate is a must every holiday season. This elf on the shelf drink is chocolate, strawberry and perfect for those cold nights. In about ten minutes you will have the perfect drink for the whole family to enjoy.
I hope you enjoy the top secret Muddy Buddies Chex Mix, Crack Chicken and My Elf on the Shelf Strawberry Hot chocolate. You can find all the ingredients right at your local Publix. Do you have any Quick & Easy Holiday Recipes that you like to make?