Have you ever had a dessert that made you weak in the knees? After eating it you have no words it is so good? That is how I felt after eating Instant Pot Better Than Sex Chocolate Lava Cake.
If you are looking for the most incredible dessert ever, you just found it. Instant Pot Better Than Sex Chocolate Lava Cake will blow your mind! Tender cake with a silky smooth lava center. As you dip your spoon into the cake you are welcomed by chocolate lava that is going to make your entire week.
This is probably one of my most popular recipes to date on my blog. I mean, I can see why, because who can resist the luxurious chocolate lava cake? With a few basic pantry ingredients, you can whip up this dessert in just 10 minutes. You read that right, 10 minutes is all it takes to get that fancy lava cake that will wow you and your guests.
There is nothing better than a hot cake with cold ice cream oozing with chocolate from the center. I have made many deserts in the Instant pot like Cheesecake , 7-up Instant Pot Cake and Apple bread with salted caramel icing. but never a regular chocolate cake. There really is no way to describe how good this cake is, which is why I called it better than sex lava cake. Not really but I thought that would grab your attention at how good this cake really is.
More Instant Pot Desserts
Legendary Instant Pot Better Than Sex Chocolate Lava Cake
I had my first molten lava cake years ago at a restaurant, and I thought this is the craziest cake but the most delicious cake ever. I came home and began playing around in the kitchen to work at creating this recipe right here. After a few trials and errors, I finally came up with this tried and true recipe.
Can You Use Pyrex Dishes in Pressure Cooker
Yes, you can use pyrex dishes in the pressure cooker/ Instant Pot. I use the 6 oz bowls and I find that they are a perfect size and four fit perfectly in my 6 quart Instant Pot.
You can use other brands of small bowls just make sure they are oven safe, so they will hold up under pressure.
What Is Inside Lava Cake
You will find a lava center inside a molten lava cake or what I call chocolate lava cake. Because of the cooking process, it allows you to have a cake that offers a souffle style texture in the center. Moelleux is also what this type of cake is known for meaning soft.
Does Chocolate Lava Cake Need to be Refrigerated
If you don’t eat all your cakes right away, just allow them to cool completely, then wrap up and toss in the fridge or even freezer. Then warm them up in the microwave when ready to eat. The chocolate lava cake is best fresh out of the Instant Pot.
Best Way to Heat Up A Chocolate Lava Cake
If you want to reheat your chocolate lava cake you can do the microwave which I mentioned above or place upside down and put in the oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. This will give you that silky smooth lava center that you want.
Love Lava Cake? Check out MY DEATH BY CHOCOLATE SLOW COOKER LAVA CAKE
Best Chocolate For Molten Lava Cakes
I find that semi-sweet is the perfect sweetness of chocolate for your cakes. I have attempted milk chocolate and I found it made the cakes not as rich, and it left you wanting more. The semi-sweet chocolate seems to be the best chocolate for molten lava cakes hands down.
If you love chocolate and are looking for that standout dessert to make, you need to pick up supplies and give this a go. A wonderful dessert to serve company, treat your family or end your day with a midnight snack.
- 1 stick butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbs Vanilla
- 6 tbs flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- for topping:
- Ice cream
- Caramel drizzle
- chocolate Magic shell ice cream topping
- 4 Pyrex 6oz bowls
- place chocolate chips and butter in a large bowl and microwave for 2 minutes mix until well combined.
- Mix in powdered sugar until smooth.
- Add 3 eggs and egg yolk until well combined.
- Add Vanilla and flour and stir until well combined.
- Spray each Pyrex Bowl with pam cooking spray.
- Pour batter into each bowl filling to the top.
- Place your trivet in your instant pot with one cup of water.
- Place your bowls on the trivet.
- I had to fit 3 on the bottom and one on the top.
- Place your pot on MANUAL HIGH PRESSURE for 9 minutes.
- Do a quick release.
- Remove from the Instant Pot and place upside down on a plate Top with ice cream, caramel, and magic shell.
- For Peanut butter Lava Cake: Same directions as above but mix together 4 tbs peanut butter, 1 tbs butter, 2 tbs powdered sugar. Pour batter halfway in each cup and Place Peanut butter mixture in the center. Cover with more chocolate batter. Cook as directed above.
For Peanut butter Lava Cake: Same directions as above but mix together 4 tbs peanut butter, 1 tbs butter, 2 tbs powdered sugar. Pour batter half way in each cup and Place Peanut butter mixture in the center. Cover with more chocolate batter. Cook as directed above.
You can Add Icecream, Magic Shell toppings, or Caramel also 🙂
- Pyrex 6-Ounce Custard Cups, Set of 4
- Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 491 Saturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 174mg Sodium: 56mg Carbohydrates: 62g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 46g Protein: 8g