Instant Pot Red Lobster Copycat Cajun Chicken Alfredo is a total comfort food! Skip takeout and make homemade Cajun Chicken Alfredo that tasted just like Red Lobsters!
Instant Pot Red Lobster Copycat Cajun Chicken Alfredo
Who does not love Red Lobster? I am not a huge seafood eater so when we go I always order the Cajun Chicken Alfredo with plenty of biscuits and caesar salad.
How to Make
Step 1: Start by dicing up your chicken and place in the Instant Pot on saute mode with butter. You will add in garlic and Cajun seasoning.
Step 2: You want to saute the chicken until it begins to brown up. You don’t need to cook it through just to get a crust. This adds a lot of flavor.
Step 3: Now you will pour in your dry pasta and water and cook as directed in the printable recipe card.
Step 4: Once done do a quick release. Pour your heavy cream and egg mixture in and stir until combined on saute setting.
Step 5: Stir in cheese until melted. Then top with Panko crumbs.
What to Serve With Cajun Pasta
- Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- Caesar Salad
- Dinner rolls
- Steamed or roasted vegetables
Honestly, this can be a meal in one or serve with any of your favorite sides. It’s versatile and will work well with a handful of sides.
What Noodles to Use
When making this Alfredo Cajun Chicken dish you can essentially use any pasta.
Elbow, fettuccine, spaghetti, bow tie, etc. You can raid your pantry and use what you have. Despite noodle choice, you will cook the same amount of time.
Just make sure to press down pasta in liquid or it will not cook properly. And make sure if you are using long noodles you break them up. Then kind of fan the pasta out as you place in the instant pot. Otherwise, it can clump.
In terms of storing your pasta, you will want to place it in a proper container and place it in the refrigerator.
The pasta will store for around three days. Always use your best judgment in terms of quality.
What If I Don’t Have Panko Breadcrumbs
Swap Panko breadcrumbs for classic bread dumps. I like to buy plain breadcrumbs a lot so I can season as I would prefer.
The texture of classic breadcrumbs and Panko are pretty similar so they are interchangeable.
Does This Recipe Freeze Well
Because of the dairy in this recipe, you will find the Cajun Alfredo does not freeze the best.
The sauce can curdle and separate once it thaws. Plus pasta when frozen after being cooked can lean towards soggier pasta.
- 1 Pound Boneless Chicken Cubed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbs Cajun Seasoning
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 16 oz of your favorite pasta or fettuccine
- 8 oz shredded parm cheese
- Place Instant pot on saute.
- Melt 1 tbs butter Mix in cajun seasons and garlic.
- Place small chunks of chicken and coat with butter and season mixture.
- Saute until chicken browns about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in pasta and 3 cups water. Place Pot on Manual high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Do a quick release. In a small bowl Whisk together egg and heavy cream.
- Place pot on saute. Pour egg and heavy cream over pasta and stir until bubbly.
- Stir in cheese and stir until melted. In a small pan melt 1 tbs butter and stir in panko bread, cajun seasons just till they brown. Top your pasta with the panko mixture.
- Serve and enjoy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 678Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 1951mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 42g