Take a trip down memory lane and reminisce over the creamy and cheesy Hamburger Helper flavors with this Instant Pot Homemade Hamburger Helper recipe. In just 4 minutes you can ring that dinner bell and watch your family come running. Ground beef, tender elbow macaroni, and loads of cheese to claim this as a total comfort dish.
Since I got my Instant Pot I have really gotten away from box meals for a handful of reasons. I mean in 4 minutes time you can make a homemade meal, whereas boxed Hamburger Helper on the stovetop takes a lot longer! Now, if you can’t let go of your boxed mixes, don’t worry, I will share how you can make them in the Instant Pot as well.
4 Minute Instant Pot Homemade Hamburger Helper
How to Make Boxed Hamburger Helper in the Instant Pot. You can also see how to make Mac N Cheese In the Instant pot as well. I know what it is like to have kids and need to have a quick and easy meal also if you have a limited budget you may like to use the boxed foods on occasion. Also, don’t miss out on my how to make Rice a Roni in the Instant Pot.
Tips For Making Homemade Hamburger Helper In Instant Pot
So, if you are taking on this recipe, let me share a great tip that will set you up for success!
- Cheese | Reach for deli-style cheese that is quality. I used American cheese. You don’t want to use shredded cheese or pre-sliced as it has a higher oil content and you won’t get that creamy texture you are looking for.
- Toppings | Feel free to add a few toppings to elevate the flavor. Maybe some fresh parsley, a dollop of sour cream, green onions, or even more cheese!
- Ground Beef | One key is to ensure that you help break up any meat that is on the bottom of your Instant Pot. This will help prevent you from getting the burn notice. Some people skip this and then get a burn notice and think what happened. By ensuring the bottom of your pot is free of stuck on beef, it will help prevent your chances of burn notice happening.
Looking for more inexpensive meals? Check out A Month of Family Friendly Instant Pot meals with a Budget.
Can You Freeze Homemade Hamburger Helper
Yes, you can freeze homemade hamburger helper. One tip I always share is cooking your pasta until it is al dente and then scoop into containers or freezer bag. If you overcook your pasta, when you go to reheat it, you will find it can become mushy.
Can I Double The Homemade Hamburger Helper Instant Pot Recipe
I use my 6-quart Instant Pot and I hate to say it you can’t double the Homemade Hamburger Helper Instant Pot recipe. There just isn’t enough room in the pot for it to cook properly.
Is Instant Pot Homemade Hamburger Helper Affordable
You will end up with a lot of hamburger helper from this recipe, which is great for saving back for leftovers for another night. Or if you have a large family it feeds a big family no problem. For wanting a hearty and filling meal that doesn’t require a ton of ingredients, this fits the bill. It can be a very affordable meal, especially when you snag deals on your ground beef, pasta, and other supplies.
Give this Instant Pot homemade Hamburger Helper a try, and let me know what you all think!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cups beef broth
- 16 oz cheddar cheese
- 4 oz American cheese
- 1 tbs onion powder
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 16 oz elbow macaroni
- 8 oz milk or heavy cream
- Saute ground beef and seasonings until crumbled and meat is no longer pink.
- Pour in uncooked pasta and broth
- Place pot on manual high pressure for 4minutes.
- Do a quick release and milk and slowly Stir in both kinds of cheese.
Serve. I hope you enjoy this.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 992 Saturated Fat: 34g Cholesterol: 203mg Sodium: 1154mg Carbohydrates: 61g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 2g Protein: 47g