Instant Pot Mississippi Chicken is my husband’s favorite Instant Pot chicken recipe right now. I have been getting requested quite often to make this Mississippi chicken recipe. For good reason, it offers such rich and vibrant flavor!
This Instant Pot Mississippi Chicken makes fantastic shredded chicken sandwiches. Add a slice of provolone cheese on top of roll! Or serve over rice or even cauliflower rice for a low carb option.
If you have an Instant Pot and enjoy chicken, I highly recommend adding this to the menu. Best of all you can freeze it, and use it for an Instant Pot Dump freezer meal later on. Nothing beats saving time later for a quick dinner on those nights where you forget to set something out or don’t have time to prep a whole meal.
What is Mississippi Chicken
Mississippi chicken is a quick and easy chicken recipe that uses ranch, pepperoncini or banana peppers and gravy. It offers a savory flavor, that you can then shred and make sandwiches with, serve over rice or even mashed potatoes. It is a juicy and flavorful way to serve up chicken. Want to try Mississippi with Pork? Check out this Instant Pot Mississipi Pork recipe.
Mississippi Chicken Variations
You will find that this recipe has many ways to change up the flavors. Let me share a few popular ways to adjust your Instant Pot Mississippi Ranch Chicken.
- Bacon | Who doesn’t love bacon? Add in some cooked up crumbled bacon for a bit of saltiness to the recipe. This gives it a similar flavor to my famous Crack Chicken.
- Cheese | I love pairing this with provolone cheese, but you could always swap it out with pepper cheese, cheddar, or even a Monterrey jack.
- Onions | Toss in some sliced onions when cooking for a whole new layer of flavor. I have done this before and it is a nice twist to the dish.
What To Pair With Instant Pot Mississippi Chicken
Looking For More Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
Here is the top Instant Pot Chicken Recipe I recommend giving a whirl. I love my pressure cooker, and chicken is a protein we are always using.
- Instant Pot Crack Chicken Pasta | Cheesy, tender and juicy chicken, ranch flavoring and more come together for this pasta dish. One of my family’s favorites.
- Easy Instant Pot Chicken Cordon Bleu | Skip the prep of the classic cordon bleu and save time with this recipe here. You get all the flavors but with minimal effort required.
- Rotisserie Chicken | My go-to rotisserie chicken recipe. Packed with spices so your chicken is flavorful and juicy. Great for eating as a meal or even using as leftovers for meal prepping.
How to Freeze Instant Pot Mississippi Chicken recipe for later:
- Using a Gallon Size Freezer bag.
- Add 1 Stick Butter,16 oz jar Pepperoncinis peppers with juice,1 packet ranch dressing seasoning packet,1 packet Au Jus gravy mix packet, 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast.
- Freeze for 3-6 months.
How To Cook Mississippi Chicken from Frozen:
- Remove Frozen Bag from Freezer and place in the instant pot.
- Add a half cup of water
- Cook on manual high pressure for 15 minutes with a natural release.
Can I make Mississipi Chicken in the slow cooker from frozen?:
Yes, you can! Simply place the contents of the bag in your slow cooker cook on low for 8 hours. Remove and shred chicken. No need to add the extra water in the slow cooker.
I highly recommend trying this chicken recipe. It is great for weeknight dinners or serving a crowd.
- 1 stick butter
- 16 oz jar pepperoncinis peppers with juice
- 1 packet ranch dressing seasoning packet
- 1 packet Au Jus gravy mix packet
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup water
- Place chicken in the instant pot
- Pour Pepperoncinis with the juice over the chicken.
- Add both packets over the top.
- Place 1 stick of butter and a half cup of water in the instant pot.
- Place on manual high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Do a natural Release
Serve on rolls with provolone cheese.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 276Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 885mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 29g