Air Fryer Cinnamon French Toast Sticks are perfect for a family breakfast or anytime snacking, these easy air fryer french toast sticks are browned and crispy on the outside (from the air fryer), and soft and gooey on the inside. The rich custard flavor will have the entire family coming back for seconds (and thirds!) and it will be done in under 15 minutes for a quick and delicious breakfast. All of the flavor without the hassle of cooking Stuffed french toast.
I am always looking for breakfast recipes that are quick to make without sacrificing flavor. And in comes one of my favorite inventions – air frying. I am always on the lookout for any excuse to make air fryer recipes. Even with thick sliced bread, these cinnamon french toast sticks only have a 6 minute cook time, and then they’re ready to serve.
What do I need to get started?
- Bread – Thick sliced texas toast style bread is best for these, but any slice of bread will work.
- Vanilla extract.
- Heavy cream – definitely use heavy cream if you have it (not half-and-half or milk) for extra thick and delicious custard.
- Brown Sugar.
- Maple syrup for dipping.
- Berries for serving.
- Air Fryer – for an extra crispy outside, an air fryer is your best bet over a convection toaster oven.
How do I make french toast sticks in the air fryer?
- This is so easy, you’ll want to have these all the time.
- Take your eggs, cinnamon-sugar mixture, vanilla extract, melted butter, and heavy cream, and whisk until it’s all smooth and thick.
- Then take your bread cut into thirds and dip each into the egg mixture. Flip them over a few times so they’re completely coated.
- Place the sticks into your air fryer, careful to make sure that they do not touch. Fry for 3 minutes. Then flip them, let them fry for another 3 minutes. Do this in as many batches as you need to so the pieces do not touch.
Tips and tricks:
- Spray the air fryer pan before placing the French toast sticks in.
- You can cut off the side edges of the piece of bread or leave them on – it’s totally a personal preference. In my house, we like the crust.
- For best results, don’t overcrowd the air fryer. Everything will cook more evenly with more space.
- These French toast sticks make a great breakfast or snack. Serve them with berries and syrup or honey for some added flavor and texture.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- These are best eaten straight away – when french toast sticks are hot, they are soft and gooey.
- French toast is freezer safe, with the same air frying time.
More Breakfast Recipes
How to Reheat French Toast Sticks in the Air Fryer
It’s simple to reheat in your air fryer simply heat the air fryer to 350 and place on the rack cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated thoroughly.
Is French Toast good the next day?
French Toast Strips are best right after cooked while hot. You can save the leftover strips in the fridge and reheat the next day.
Do I need Milk and Eggs in my French Toast?
Yes, you do need the milk and eggs to make the custard base that makes the french toast tender and full of flavor.
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 12 slices bread, cut into thirds
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Berries, for serving
- Preheat the airfryer for 3 minutes at 375°.
- Combine the eggs, heavy cream, cinnamon, brown sugar and melted butter and whisk.
- Dip the bread pieces in the batter and flip over to coat.
- Spray the air fryer basket with non stick cooking spray.
- Place the dipped French toast in the basket, making sure they do not touch.
- Place the basket in the air fryer and set at 375° and fry for 3 minutes. Flip the toast over and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Fry an additional 3 minutes.
- Repeat until all the pieces have been fried.
- Serve immediately the French toast sticks with fresh berries and maple syrup.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 531Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 174mgSodium: 385mgCarbohydrates: 74gFiber: 3gSugar: 42gProtein: 11g