These incredibly moist Air Fryer Cornflake Chicken Tenders are so delicious and so crispy as it combines mayonnaise, crumbled cornflakes, parmesan cheese and then flavored with spices to make an irresistible meal with a fraction of the calories from other chicken tenders.
Air Fryer Cornflake Chicken Tenders
If you are looking for a quick and easy dinner idea that the whole family will love then you will want to make these Air Fryer Cornflake Chicken Tenders. The prep work is so easy! Coat them in mayonnaise, roll them in crumbled cornflakes and spices and they are ready to pop into the air fryer for a quick weeknight meal or late night snack! You and your family will love them and you will find yourself making them again and again!
If you haven’t tried cooking in an Air Fryer yet, this is the perfect recipe to start with! While you are at it, try Air Fryer Bang Bang Shrimp or these Easy Air Fryer Apple Fries. Use this cornflake Chicken for the Famous KFC Chicken Casserole
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Tenders with Cornflake Crust
Preheat air fryer to 400
Mix together crushed cornflakes and seasonings
Coat chicken in mayo
Then coat in cornflake crust
Place in air fryer in single layer and cook
Remove Chicken from Air Fryer and serve
Tips Tricks and FAQs
- Air Fryers vary in size and wattage. The cooking times given are based on average-sized Air Fryers. You might have to adjust it a bit based on your air fryer size.
- Be sure to use a cooking spray when making these tenders.
- Your tenders need room around them so the air can circulate and make the food crispy. Be sure to not overfill your basket.
- Flip your chicken tenders halfway through cooking them.
- If you would rather not use cornflakes you can substitute them out for panko or bread crumbs.
Store your leftover chicken tenders in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
You can easily reheat your chicken in the air fryer. This helps it to become crispy again.
If you would rather heat it in the microwave you can do this as well, but it might lose some of its crispiness.
Do you need to flip chicken in an Air Fryer?
To help your chicken tenders become crispy you will either want to flip them when they are halfway done cooking, shake the basket a bit, or rotate the tenders halfway through cooking.
What can I dip my chicken tenders in?
There are so many great options for dipping your tenders!
- Honey Mustard
- BBQ sauce
- ½ mayo ½ ketchup known as fry sauce
For More Tasty Air Fryer Recipes, try these!
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp. Italian Seasonings
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Pre-heat Air Fryer to 400 degrees
- Mix together crushed cornflakes, seasonings, and parmesan cheese
- Coat each piece of chicken with mayonnaise
- Top each piece of chicken with cornflakes mixture
- place in a single layer in the air fryer.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until chicken reaches 165 degrees and no longer pink in the center
I did not use any oil spray with this recipe. You can flip halfway through if you wish. I did not.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 533Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 29gCholesterol: 124mgSodium: 528mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 37g