White Chicken Lasagna Soup is the ultimate comfort soup as it combines chicken, a creamy sauce, and lasagna noodles to create a scrumptious meal the whole family will love.
White Chicken Lasagna Soup
Soups are my absolute favorite, especially this time of year! I love how easy they are to prep and the smells that come from the kitchen as they cook are simply amazing.
This chicken lasagna soup is no exception. It is creamy, hearty, and delicious. The thing I love is it is so versatile. You can add fresh vegetables that your family loves to really make it your own. Your whole family will love this soup just like our crockpot beef barley soup and our Instant Pot Taco Soup.
As a bonus, you can prep it and then freeze it, cook it and enjoy it right away, or even freeze the leftovers for quick lunches or dinners in the future.
How to make white chicken lasagna soup
- Saute Chicken
- Remove from pan and sauté onions, celery, and carrots
- Add flour, broth, and chicken back to the pan
- Cover and cook
- Add Lasagna Pasta
- Add heavy cream
- Add Spinach to white chicken lasagna soup
- Stir in cheese and serve
Tips Tricks and FAQs
- For a rich creamy soup use heavy whipping cream. If you want to make your soup with fewer calories you can use fat-free half and half.
- I prefer to boil the noodles separately. This allows them to not soak up the creamy flavor within the noodles.
- If you prefer, you can use a rotisserie chicken rather than cooking your own prior to adding it to the soup.
- If you don’t have lasagna noodles on hand you can always use another noodle.
- Don’t worry about the noodles being the same size. Different size noodles create character in your soup.
- If you would like to make a smaller batch, feel free to halve the recipe.
You will want to store your leftover soup in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
This soup freezer freezes really well. Make sure your soup is completely cooled and then place it in an airtight freezer-safe container. It will last for up to 3 months.
Place in the fridge the night before to thaw.
Love Soups? Try these!
- 1 Pound boneless chicken
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 15 oz. can cannellini beans
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 TBS Italian Seasonings
- 8 Lasagna Noodles broken in pieces
- 2 cups heavy cream or half n half
- 1 cup spinach
- 8 oz Shredded Romano Cheese
- 1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese for topping
- mozzarella cheese for topping
I used my dutch oven for this soup. You can use any large stockpot
- Place olive oil and cubed chicken over medium-high heat.
- Saute for about 5 minutes until the outside of the chicken is white.
- Remove chicken from pot.
- Add onions, celery, and carrots, Cook 2-3 minutes
- Add Flour and stir
- Add in chicken broth, chicken, beans, and seasonings
- bring to a boil.
- cover and reduce heat to a medium-low for 15 minutes
- Remove cover and add broken up lasagna noodles
- Cook for an additional 10 minutes or until noodles is soft.
- Stir in heavy cream and spinach.
- bring to another boil and stir in cheese.
- Serve hot and top with ricotta and mozzarella cheese.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 880Total Fat: 53gSaturated Fat: 29gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 211mgSodium: 1579mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 7gSugar: 6gProtein: 52g