BLT pasta salad combines bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, and pasta with a creamy homemade dressing that is the perfect dish to serve all summer long.
BLT Pasta Salad Recipe
If you are looking for the perfect salad for your summer BBQs then look no further than this delicious BLT Pasta Salad.
Y’all know how much I love Salads in the summer. They are quick, easy, light, and taste amazing! This BLT salad is one of a kind! It combines everything you love about the classic blt sandwich and makes a delicious filling pasta salad!
This is one of those dishes that I love making on a Sunday night and eating outside on the porch for lunch for the next several days! Pair this with our delicious Watermelon and Mint salad and you will be in heaven!
How to make BLT Pasta Salad
- Cook your pasta till al dente rinse in cold water
- Mix together mayo, sour cream, ranch, and cider vinegar to make the salad dressing
- Add bow tie pasta, crispy bacon, cherry tomatoes, cheese, and lettuce to a large bowl
- Stir in homemade dressing and serve
Tips Tricks and FAQs
- You can use grape tomatoes or even vine tomatoes.
- Feel free to add red onion or green onion if you choose. You can also add in avocado, and cheese if you would like as well.
- You can use any small pasta for this dish. Farfalle is my favorite, but you can use another type that is similar in size.
- Use romaine lettuce
Store your salad in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
How long will pasta salad last in the fridge?
Pasta salad with mayonnaise will last for about 4 days when stored in the fridge in an airtight container.
More Salad Recipes
How long does pasta salad need to chill?
You will want to let your pasta salad chill for at least 30 minutes. The longer you let it sit the better it will taste. I love letting it sit for a whole day to let the flavors meld together.
How do you make pasta salad not dry?
The number one reason why pasta salad is dry is that you do not use enough dressing.
If you are concerned about overdressing your salad, add a little bit and mix it and then let it sit in the fridge and then pull it out and add more dressing if needed.
- 16 oz bowtie pasta cooked
- 2 cups romaine lettuce
- 4 oz cherry tomatoes
- 10 slices crumbled bacon
- 4 oz cheddar cheese cubes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup creamy ranch dressing
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Mix together all ingredients for the dressing until creamy and smooth
- cook pasta till al dente
- rinse pasta in cold water and place in a large bowl
- Crumble cooked bacon
- slice fresh cherry tomatoes in half
- Place lettuce, pasta, tomatoes, bacon, in a large bowl.
- pour dressing over salad and mix well
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 325Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 451mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 10g