Serve up this incredible Crockpot Chocolate Cherry Cake for your dessert tonight! 3 ingredients are all it takes to make this delicious crockpot cake.
Crockpot Cherry Cake
This crockpot cherry cake could even be called a Black Forest Cake if you want to swap out the name. Or even a crockpot chocolate cherry cobbler.
No matter what you call it, you can enjoy the cherry and chocolate combination. The Dr. Pepper adds the perfect texture to the cake making it light and airy from the carbonation.
What Is The Best Chocolate Cake Mix
You are welcome to reach for any brand of chocolate cake mix. If you want a rich flavor go for Devil’s Food cake. Or a classic chocolate cake will do too.
I tend to buy what is on sale for my chocolate Dr. Pepper cake recipe. They all seem to have incredible flavor.
Can I Use Homemade Cherry Pie Filling
Want to make homemade cherry pie filling? Go right ahead. The cherries are a star of the cake, and if you have a favorite homemade pie filling recipe go for it.
For me, I find that canned pie filling is just as tasty and makes the prep of this cake is a no fuss dessert.
3 Ingredient Cherry Dr. Pepper Cake
- Chocolate Cake Mix
- Dr Pepper
- Cherry Pie Filling
All it takes is 3 simple ingredients to make! Top the cake with a scoop of whipped cream, chopped pecans, or serve it plain!
This cherry pie filling Dr. Pepper cake is one of my husband’s favorite crockpot cake recipe. I have made a few other ones and he always asks for me to make this.
Does A This Cake Need To Be Refrigerated
Due to the fruit in this cake you will want to refrigerate your cake! Just scoop the cake into an airtight container and then store in the fridge.
If you want a fresh warm cake, scoop into a microwave safe container and then reheat it for a little bit in the microwave to give it a warm feeling.
Variation To Dr. Pepper Cake Recipe
The variations are endless when it comes this cake recipe. Do apple pie filling and a yellow cake mix, paired with say lemon-lime soda.
Or opt for a cherry pineapple cake with a white cake mix and ginger ale as the soda. I would use drained crushed pineapple and a can of cherry pie filling.
The crock pot recipe is versatile and you can truly do whatever sounds great.
Interested in More Easy Desserts
- Oreo Cheesecake Brownies | Here is where Oreo cookies and brownies collide with a creamy delicious cheesecake swirled in.
- Banoffee Pie | This pie is loaded with dulce de leche, bananas, whipped cream, and more. Slice into this heavenly pie.
- Crockpot Root Beer Float Cake | Dive into this root beer float cake! Get the flavors of a classic root beer float in a cake form.
- 1 Box Devils Food Cake mix
- 8 oz Dr. Pepper Soda
- 21 Oz Can Cherry Pie Filling
- Mix together 8 oz Dr. Pepper Soda and Devil's Food Cake mix
- Spray bottom of slow cooker with cooking spray
- Pour Canned Cherry Pie filling in the bottom of the slow cooker
- Spread cake mix over the top.
- Cover tight and cook on high for 2 hours.
- Serve with ice cream or cool whip
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 229Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 329mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 2g