This Olive Garden minestrone soup recipe is a healthy soup bursting with flavor as it combines fresh vegetables, beans, and pasta to give you an easy meal any night of the week.
Copycat Olive Garden Minestrone Soup Recipe
We love this version of minestrone soup for so many reasons. First of all, it is super healthy packed with lots of vegetables and protein. Not only that but it is based on the famous Olive Garden Minestrone soup recipe, but elevated with even more flavor and vegetables to create a super hearty meal the whole family will love.
How to make crockpot minestrone soup
- Chop and add vegetables to crockpot
- Add Broth
- Add Seasonings and stir
- Cook and add pasta.
Tips Tricks and FAQs
- To add more flavor to your soup be sure to use chicken broth as a base. Also, add fresh herbs to help boost the flavor more.
- Get creative! This recipe calls for ingredients that are found in Olive Garden Minestrone soup but don’t stop there. Add different vegetables for even more flavor.
- This recipe is created for your crockpot, but it can easily be cooked on the stove.
- Pasta shells are the typical pasta served in this soup, but any type of short pasta will work great.
- You can use frozen vegetables in this soup.
- Be sure to cut all the vegetables the same size so that your soup cooks evenly.
- Rinse and drain your beans prior to adding them to your soup.
- You can easily add more protein to the soup by adding cooked Italian sausage or ground beef.
You will want to store your leftover Copycat Minestrone soup in the fridge for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
This crockpot minestrone soup freezes so well. You will want to make it according to the directions and then let it cool completely before freezing.
I like to freeze it in individual freezer-safe containers so that I can easily pull them out for a quick lunch or dinner.
The soup will last for up to 3 months in the freezer.
To thaw, place in the fridge overnight.
Is Minestrone soup healthy for you?
Minestrone soup is packed full of all kinds of vegetables and beans. It has lots of protein and is considered a very healthy meal to eat.
What do you eat with Minestrone soup?
If you want to create this Crockpot Minestrone Soup Recipe just like Olive Garden, serve with a garden salad and breadsticks.
You can also serve with an additional vegetable if desired.
Want more Olive Garden recipes? Try these!
- 4 cups vegetable broth ( or chicken)
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 carrots chopped (1cup)
- 15 Oz cannellini beans drained
- 15 Oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 15 oz can dark kidney beans
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 Onion chopped about 1/2 cup
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp. Italian Seasonings
- 1 Cup shells pasta
- Add all vegetables ( not the spinach) to your crockpot
- Add broth chicken or vegetable
- Add seasonings and stir
- Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4
- Stir in pasta shells and cook for another 20-30 minutes until shells are tender
- Stir in fresh spinach allow spinach to wilt
- Serve and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 169Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 345mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 8gSugar: 4gProtein: 11g