How to make Brown Gravy that is thick and delicious without any meat drippings. Homemade Brown Gravy is perfect to go over mashed potatoes and meatloaf, and it is even good to use for a dip for french fries.
Beef Gravy is another one of those comfort foods that’s irresistible over slow cooker mashed potatoes, meatloaf with brown gravy, garlic and rosemary mashed potatoes, Or even Air Fryer French Fries. Sausage Gravy and Biscuits and Southern Fried Cabbage and Bacon is other comfort food that we love.
Ingredients for Brown Gravy
- Beef Stock I used Better than bouillon
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Browning Sauce like Kitchen Bouquet
- Onion Powder
- Heavy Cream
Step by Step Directions for Easy Brown Gravy Recipe
Whisk together the beef Bouillon, Worcestershire sauce, browning sauce, onion powder, and cornstarch in a small bowl.
Add the beef broth mixture to a pan and heat over medium, constantly stirring Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low until thickened.
Remove from the heat and whisk in the heavy cream. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- Use Better than Bouillon for a richer flavor.
- Add drippings from steak or ground beef.
- Whisk the cornstarch well with the broth so do not have any gravy lumps.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, you do not need beef drippings.
You should use a quality broth or bouillon like better than bouillon.
You can store it in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge or store it in the fridge for up to 6 months.
You can reheat in the microwave for 2 minutes, stirring halfway, or reheat right on the stovetop over medium heat.
- 2 Cups Beef Stock
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Browning Sauce
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 3 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- Whisk together the beef stock, Worcestershire sauce, browning sauce, onion powder, and cornstarch in a bowl.
- Add the beef stock mixture to a pan and heat over medium, constantly stirring until thickened.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the heavy cream. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 41Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 372mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g