Meatloaf with brown gravy is an easy meatloaf recipe that is made with ground beef, and stove top stuffing topped with rich brown gravy served over creamy mashed potatoes.
This quick and easy recipe is the ultimate comfort food that is sure to please even the pickiest eaters. This recipe is made with few ingredients and is sure to be a crowd pleaser, along with Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes, green beans, and homemade Brown Gravy.
Ingredients for Meatloaf with Brown Gravy
- Ground Beef
- Beef Broth
- Stove Top Stuffing with savory herbs
- Brown Gravy
Step by Step Directions for meatloaf with stove top stuffing
Preheat the oven to 350℉ and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and non-stick cooking spray.
Combine the ground beef, eggs, beef stock, and stove top stuffing in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly with clean hands.
Transfer the meat mixture to the prepared baking sheet pan or loaf pan and shape it into a loaf.
Bake for 50-60 minutes or until you reach an internal temperature of 160℉.
Pour ½ cup of brown gravy over the meatloaf while it is cooling, and let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Tips and Tricks
- Substitute Ground Beef with Ground Turkey.
- Use Parchment paper on a sheet pan and shape it into a loaf.
- Use your hands to mix together the meat mixture or place in a kitchen aid mixer and use the paddle to mix slowly until well combined.
Frequently Asked Questions About Meatloaf with Brown Gravy
Yes, ground turkey is a healthier option for meatloaf.
Meatloaf should be 160 degrees.
Yes, this recipe can be doubled this meatloaf with stuffing; I would make two meatloaves. You can do one large meatloaf, but your cooking time would be longer.
Yes, you can use any stove top stuffing flavor for meatloaf with brown gravy, but I found the savory herb flavor tasted best to me.
Store in an air-tight container for up to 5 days in the fridge.
Yes, you can freeze meatloaf in an airtight container for up to 6 months. Defrost in the fridge.
Reheat in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes or place on a microwave-safe plate in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- 1.5lbs Ground Beef
- 3 Eggs
- ¾ Cup Beef Stock
- 1 Box (6oz) Stove Top Stuffing, Any Flavor
- 2 Cups Prepared Brown Gravy
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the ground beef, eggs, beef stock, and stove top stuffing in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly with clean hands.
- Transfer the meatloaf mixture to the prepared baking sheet and shape it into a loaf.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until you reach an internal temperature of 160℉.
- Pour ½ cup of brown gravy over the meatloaf while it is cooling, and let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Slice and serve over mashed potatoes and brown gravy, garnish with parsley. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 299Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 147mgSodium: 492mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 28g