Today was a very busy day for me. My daughter was busy moving from her apartment. I knew she would not have time to cook dinner. One of her favorite meals is pulled pork. Instant Pot Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork is tender and juicy and a hint of spicy perfect on bread or served over rice or even on a pizza.
Pulled Pork in the slow cooker takes all day to cook. Now you can have Instant Pot Pulled Pork on the table in under one hour that is tender and juicy. Dr. Pepper gives it that extra kick that takes the pork from ok to amazing. Instant pot Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork is a favorite of both of my kids. Usually, I like to make a big batch of Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork in the instant pot and put it in the fridge for them to just grab a sandwich whenever they are hungry.
NO worries using soda in the Instant Pot or electric Pressure cooker. You can also try my Instant Pot 7-up Cake and Instant Pot Beer Can Chicken both are made with carbonated beverages and I have had no issues.
3 Ways to use up Instant Pot Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork.
1. Pulled Pork Sandwiches use sweet or spicy BBQ Sauce
2. Loaded Pulled Pork French Fries
3. Make a Wrap with Fresh Coleslaw and Spicy BBQ sauce.
- 2 cups Dr. Pepper
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 4 Pounds Pork Roast
- 1 onion
- 1 tbs onion powder
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tbs salt
- Cut your pork roast into 4-5 large chunks.
- Coat with salt, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Chop onion and place in pot.
- Place pork in the pot and pour in Dr. Pepper soda.
- Add BBQ sauce.
- Place pot on Manual High pressure for 50 minutes.
- Natural release of pressure for 10 minutes.
- Remove pork and drain juices.
- Shred with a fork and top with more BBQ sauce. Enjoy.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 532 Saturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 190mg Sodium: 1817mg Carbohydrates: 32g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 25g Protein: 68g