I don’t know what it is but I love beer can chicken on the grill. It always turns out so moist and juicy. Right now in central NY we are in the middle of a deep freeze it’s below zero and there is no way I am standing outside for an hour while it cooks on the grill. Instead, I will sit inside in the toasty warm house and sip on wine while my Instant Pot Beer Can Chicken cooks in only 30 minutes.
Oh, Beer Can chicken how do I love the, Let me count the ways. Yes, Instant Pot Beer Can chicken was that good! I am making poems for my chicken now apparently. 🙂 The Instant Pot for a win again. Instant Pot Beer Can Chicken is the most succulent, moist, and full of flavor chicken. For this recipe I did use my 8qt Instant Pot.
From the fridge to the table in under one hour! Who can ask for more? This recipe is simple ANYONE can do this 🙂 If you love chicken also try my Crack Chicken, Chicken Cordon Blue, and Chicken Pot Pie Casserole.
It can be tricky trying to balance the chicken on the beer. Do not use a trivet just place right in the pan. Make sure you open the can of beer before putting the chicken on it. Do not worry about the carbonated beverage in the Instant Pot either. I also made Instant Pot Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork and Instant Pot 7-up cake with no issues.
Be Prepared for the most succulent, moist chicken you have ever tasted. I hope you enjoy this as much as we did.
- 8 qt Instant Pot
- 5-6 pound whole chicken
- 1 16 oz can of beer
- 1 onion
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 cup water
- 4 tbs butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Rinse chicken, pat dry, and place butter under the skin.
- Rub seasons all over the chicken.
- Cut veggies into large chunks and place in the pot with 1 cup water.
- Open beer and place inside your chicken so the chicken is standing on the beer.
- I had to move the legs a little so it would fit in the pot.
- Place the chicken inside the pot on the beer.
- No trivet needed. Place your Pot on manual high pressure for 30 minutes.
- Do a natural release for 20 minutes.
Remove and serve! I placed mine in the broiler for 2 minutes to make the skin crispy.
- Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 899 Total Fat: 52g Saturated Fat: 17g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 30g Cholesterol: 315mg Sodium: 782mg Carbohydrates: 4g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 1g Protein: 94g