Chick Fil A Cole Slaw Copy Cat Recipe has a creamy and sweet dressing over delicious carrots and crunchy cabbage. Perfect to take to any picnic or family gathering. You won’t want to get the take-out anymore when you see how easy and delicious this recipe is.
Making copy cat recipes is one of my favorite things to do this Creamy Coleslaw from Chick Fil A was no exception I truly nailed this recipe.
Ingredients for Chic Fil A Cole Slaw
- coleslaw mix (premade or homemade mix)
- apple cider vinegar
- lemon juice (optional)
- celery seed
Step by Step Directions for Chick Fil A Cole Slaw Recipe
Step 1 for Cole Slaw
Pour pre-shredded coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage into a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, salt, celery seed, and pepper, then add mayonnaise and whisk to mix the mayonnaise. Stir until well combined.
Pour mayonnaise mixture over the coleslaw mix and stir well.
Add sugar and more salt and pepper, to desired taste.
Mix until well combined. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Tips Tricks and Variations
- Keep refrigerated until serving for best taste.
- To make the coleslaw sweeter, add extra sugar.
- Omit the lemon juice if you don’t want the slight citrus flavor.
Frequently Asked Questions
Coleslaw is a great side dish to hot dogs, hamburgers, pulled pork sandwiches, ribs, and many other barbecue or summer entrées.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. The dressing may become a bit runny the more time it sits in the refrigerator, so just give it a good stir or add extra coleslaw mix before eating again.
To make a homemade coleslaw mix, chop 1/4 head of both green and red cabbage and add 1 shredded carrot. You can use white vinegar instead of apple cider vinegar.
Recipes that go with Copy Cat Chick Fil A Cole Slaw
- 5 cups tri-color coleslaw mix (premade or homemade mix)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon celery seed
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or to taste)
- Pour coleslaw mix into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, salt, celery seed, and pepper.
- Stir until well combined.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over the coleslaw and mix well.
- Add sugar and more salt and pepper, if desired. Mix until well combined.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 502Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 34gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 836mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 4gSugar: 22gProtein: 2g