Looking for a chicken recipe that is super quick to whip up, and has tender chicken, creamy pasta, and offers a bit of a kick? That is exactly what you get with this Instant Pot buffalo chicken pasta. It is ready to be served in under 30 minutes, and let me tell you the flavor factor is spot on! I love pretty much all that has hot sauce, it is a natural choice to use it in this dish. The hot sauce mixed with the ranch and bacon, really adds so much flavor and dimension to the dish. Change things up and add a new recipe to the mix, this is a family favorite I have been making for years!
This recipe is similar to what you would call an adult version of mac n cheese that got a major upgrade. You have shredded chicken, bacon, pasta, lots of cheesy goodness, some heat from the hot sauce, and ranch for a mix of flavors. Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta dish is so so so good, and it is so quick to whip up. Cook it all in your Instant Pot for a quick dinner, and the leftovers taste even better the next day! The flavors really infuse well together. Also if you like a little spice you also need to try my Instant Pot Buffalo Ranch Chicken Dip! It is perfect for game nights, potlucks, and a special treat to break up the week.
Mother nature keeps playing tricks on me! One day it shows signs that spring is right around the corner, and the next we have a blanket of snow on the ground. Once the warmer weather hits, I like to have quick meals like this I can make so I can spend as much time outdoors soaking up the warm sunshine and enjoying my days. I am pretty over this year’s winter, as it has been a pretty cold one. But soon enough spring will be in full effect. I know the grass and flowers are working on sprouting and soon our world will be filled with pretty colors.
So if you like easy meals, that are hearty and wholesome, and full of delicious goodness, then this is a must try recipe. Dust off your Instant Pot and get to cooking. Or if you are like me, you don’t allow your Instant Pot to have time to collect dust cause you are always using it!
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta
- 2 large chicken breasts about 1 pound
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 16 oz pasta
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1 tbs butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 4 oz 3 cheese blend Mexican cheese
- 3 cups water
- Bacon bits or 3 pieces of bacon crumbled
- Coat chicken with hot sauce
- Place 1 tbs butter and breast in the Instant pot with one cup water.
- Place on the Poultry button or 14 minutes manual high pressure.
- Do a quick release.
- Remove chicken only and shred. In a small bowl mix together cream cheese, ranch, hot sauce, until creamy.
- Mix in shredded chicken.
- Pour in pasta 2 cups water and place mixture on top do not stir.
- Place on manual high pressure for 4 minutes.
- do a quick release.
- Stir and remove place in a pan top with cheese and broil for 1-2 minutes just to melt cheese.
- Top with bacon.