Skip dining out and stay in. Whip up my Better than Take Out Instant Pot Firecracker Chicken and tickle those tastebuds with delight. Sweet, savory and a nice punch of heat.
If you have ever had Firecracker Chicken you know it is addictive. Serve over a bed of rice or cauliflower rice and dive in.
Better than Take Out Instant Pot Firecracker Chicken
Chicken is a weakness to me. Air fried, baked, or tossed into a pressure cooker, I love it all. This pressure cooker firecracker chicken became an instant dinner favorite.
How Hot Is Firecracker Chicken
This chicken can pack a punch. If you are the type that isn’t huge into spice and heat, you can adjust the heat.
Add less spice to make it a bit tamer in flavor. Or if you want to ramp up the heat, you can do that as well.
You can truly control how mild or hot this recipe gets. That’s what I like, it’s up to you on the heat level.
What To Serve With Firecracker Chicken
- Crisp green salad
- Side of veggies
- Instant Pot Bread
You can pair anything that sounds good next to your firecracker chicken. I tend to make it simple like rice and a side of broccoli.
But get creative or make all your favorite takeout recipes for a feast if you will.
How to Store Leftover Instant Pot Firecracker Chicken
Let the chicken cook down and then transfer to an airtight container. Store your chicken in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Best Way To Reheat Chicken
You can either place in the microwave for a quick reheat or even do the oven. You just want to warm the chicken up fully,
If you do the oven just watch it and maybe even cover it with aluminum foil to help prevent it from drying out.
Can I Double This Instant Pot Recipe
When working with the Instant Pot, you want to watch your max fill line on your pot.
Depending on the size of your pressure cooker you should be able to double if you have a larger pot.
You will leave the cooking time the same. It will just take a bit longer for the pot to come to pressure with more ingredients inside the pressure cooker.
More Takeout Inspired Instant Pot Recipes
- General Tso Chicken | This Chicken is literally one of my favorites. Rich and flavorful coated chicken served over a bed of white rice.
- Crispy Buffalo Wings | If wings are your weakness, Skip ordering and make juicy and crispy wings. These are just as good as your favorite wing stop.
- Red Lobster’s Cajun Chicken Alfredo | You guys this recipe blew my mind. Cheesy, rich and loaded with insane flavor in every bite! Pair with cheddar bay biscuits and dive in!
You all will truly enjoy how easy and quick this recipe is! Get your favorite chicken for less, and you might end up with leftovers if you don’t eat it all!
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 Pounds Chicken cut in 1"cubes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup Franks Hot Sauce
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- Cut chicken into 1" pieces
- Coat chicken in flour
- Place Instant Pot on Saute
- Add sesame oil
- Add a single layer of chicken
- Cook chicken until all sides are white
- You may have to do in batches I had to do 2 batches.
- Remove Chicken
- Add Hot Sauce, Apple cider vinegar
- Add red pepper flakes and brown sugar.
- Add chicken back in pot
- Cook on manual high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Do a quick release.
- Serve over rice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 385Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 107mgSodium: 839mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 29g