Air Fryer Tater Tots are the perfect crispy golden brown outside with a soft potato inside. This easy air fryer recipe goes from frozen to the table in under 15 minutes.
I wish I had an air fryer when my kids were small they use to love chicken nuggets and tater tots. The ability to make frozen tater tots in an air fryer in minutes is a huge deal.
Looking for more quick and easy meal ideas?
I have quite a few air fryer recipes you might want to serve up for your family and friends.
Why use the Air Fryer for Tater Tots
- The air fryer uses less oil making it healthier than deep fried tots.
- Easy Clean up.
- Frozen to Done in less than 15 minutes.
- No heating up the house to make them.
What do I need?
- Any Air Fryer will do. I use the Instant Pot Duo Crisp but you can use the air fryer oven or even the basket type. The times and tempetures should all be the same.
- 32 oz bag of frozen Ore-Ida tater tots. You can also use the generic brand.
- Cooking Spray like olive oil or pam.
How to Cook Tater Tots in Air Fryer
Tater tots were invented in 1953 when Ore-Ida founders were trying to figure out what to do with leftover slivers of cut-up potatoes then they shaped them into cylinders and are deep-fried.
I don’t mind tater tots in the oven but it does take a very long time to pre-heat the oven and bake them. Deep- Frying Tater tots are good also but I don’t like how greasy they can be and the huge mess it makes. To me the best way to make tater tots is in the air fryer no greasy mess, no heating up the house it’s a win-win without losing any of the flavor or crispiness.
In less than 15 minutes you can have your tater tots done.
No, you do not need to defrost. You cook them right in the air fryer from frozen.
What to eat with this side dish?
- Dipping Sauces like ranch, ketchup, honey mustard or more.
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken in the Air fryer
- Air Fryer Chick Fil A sandwich
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- 32 oz bag frozen tater tots
- cooking spray
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your Air Fryer to 400 degrees.
- place tater tots in an air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Cook frozen tots on air fry for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Shake the basket after 10 minutes.
- Remove and salt and pepper to taste
- Spray with olive oil or cooking oil to help get the crispy tater tots.
- Line air fryer basket with foil for easier clean up.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 291Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 749mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 3gSugar: 0gProtein: 3g