This Ultimate Chicken Dorito Casserole recipe combines rotisserie chicken, black beans, Rotel, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, taco seasoning, and of course Doritos to make the most creamy casserole you have ever tasted. Once you make this dish you will be craving it time and time again! Even the pickiest kids love this dish!
The Ultimate Chicken Dorito Casserole
If you have kids you know how picky they are and their love for chips! I swear every time we would eat dinner when my kids were little my son would always tell me he was full and then 5 minutes later he would be in the pantry opening a bag of Doritos.
So one night I decided to surprise him and have chips for dinner. He was so excited and guess what? He gobbled up everything, ever since then this chicken Dorito Casserole has been a staple recipe in our home. Once you and your kids try it, it will become a staple in your home as well!
You will love how easy it is to prep and how much flavor is in every single bite! If you love creamy dishes, you want to be sure to add this Crockpot crack chicken to the menu this week as well!
How to make Chicken Dorito Casserole
Mix cream soup, sour cream, and add taco seasoning
Add beans chicken, corn, and tomatoes
Mix all ingredients Shredded Chicken, Taco seasonings, Black Beans, Corn, Diced tomatoes
Layer of crushed Doritos in your casserole Dish
Spread a layer of the mixture on top of Doritos
Add Shredded Cheese on top and more crushed Doritos
Bake Casserole and top with favorite toppings like Diced Tomatoes, Green Onions, or even Sour Cream
Tips Tricks and FAQs
- I love using a rotisserie chicken because it makes prepping this meal even easier. You can also precook your own chicken if you would like.
- Not a fan of black beans? You can omit the black beans if choose or swap them out for a pinto bean.
- Rotel at times is a little spicy to kids, if your kids say it is spicy you can substitute your Rotel for canned tomatoes.
This Dorito casserole will store nicely in the fridge for up to 4 days in an airtight container.
More Casserole Recipes
I am super impressed with how well this dish freezes. When served in an airtight container it can last up to 6 months. When you are ready to serve, place in the fridge overnight and reheat in the oven. Top with additional chips to add a little more crunch!
What can I serve with this casserole?
This casserole is very filling on its own and requires no sides. On occasion, I will pair it with a side salad.
You can also use this casserole to serve over rice or a baked potato. I will do this with my leftovers quite often!
- 1 pound cooked chicken ( I used a rotisserie chicken)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 10 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 10 Oz Bag of Dorito Chips
- 1 cup corn
- 15 oz can black beans
- 10 Oz can Rotel
- 1 packet or 2 tbsp taco seasonings
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix together Sour Cream, Cream of chicken soup, and taco seasonings
- Add Chicken, drain and rinse black beans, Rotel Tomatoes, and corn.
- Add a layer of crushed Doritos to your casserole dish.
- Spread out mixture on top of crushed Doritos
- Top with shredded cheese and Dorito chips
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove and serve
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 381Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 727mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 5gSugar: 2gProtein: 18g