Philly cheesesteak fans rejoice because this is an all-new way to eat your favorite dish deconstructed with this world’s best skillet Philly Cheesesteak dip. This dip combines shaved steak, onions, peppers, cream cheese, sour cream, and mozzarella cheese to create an irresistible dip that is incredibly easy to make!
Philly Cheesesteak Dip
What I love most about this dip is that it is easy to make, super hearty, is great for game day or even to whip up for dinner. It has all the flavors we love in a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich, but is combined with even more of the cheesy goodness we love from a good dip!
How to make Philly Cheesesteak Dip
- Cook steak over medium high heat
- Remove steak from pan and add butter peppers, onion, garlic
- Cook until veggies are tender
- Add steak back to the pan
- in a small bowl blend cream cheese, sour cream, parsley, and parm cheese
- Add Cheese mixture to steak
- Top with provolone or mozzarella cheese
- Bake until top is golden brown
Tips Tricks and FAQs
- When it comes to choosing a steak for this recipe you can use ribeye, strip, sirloin, or even sliced roast beef.
- I use sour cream, but if you find yourself without it, you can use mayonnaise.
- Be sure to cut your vegetables and meat small. You want to be able to scoop them easily with your bread or your chips.
- I used mozzarella cheese, but you can change it up! You can use provolone as well.
This dip can easily be made ahead of time. Prepare as directed and then cover and place in the fridge prior to baking. When you are ready to bake remove from the fridge and bake according to the recipe.
If you have leftovers you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Is this Philly Cheesesteak dip Keto-friendly?
Yes, this recipe is Keto friendly. Just substitute dipping the bread pieces for celery sticks.
What can I serve with this dip?
I love serving this dip with pieces of baguette, but there are so many great options to try!
- Tortilla chips
- Wheat thins
- Pita Chips
- Celery (Keto-Friendly)
- Pretzel chips
Ready for more dips? Try these!
- 1 pound shaved steak
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 pepper chopped in small pieces
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 oz. package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley (optional)
- 8 oz. mozzarella cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- On the stovetop, cook shaved steak until brown and no longer pink
- Remove steak from the pan
- Add butter, onions, garlic, and peppers.
- cook 2-3 minutes until peppers are tender.
- Add steak back to the pan.
- In a small bowl mix together cream cheese, sour cream, parmesan cheese.
- Add cream cheese mixture to the steak mix
- Top with mozzarella cheese
- bake in oven for 15 minutes or until top is golden brown
I used shaved steak you can use thin steak chopped into small pieces also.
You can also use Provolone cheese in place of the mozzarella
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 182Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 177mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 10g