This incredibly easy Hamburger French Onion Casserole will soon become a go-to dish in your home as it combines egg noodles, ground beef, and french onion soup and is then topped with crispy french onions and cheese. This is the ultimate comfort dish bursting with flavor.
Easy Hamburger French Onion Casserole
I love to make casseroles this time of year! They are so easy to throw together, they taste delicious, and they feed your family on a budget.
This Hamburger casserole is loaded with goodness and is oh so creamy. With just 7 ingredients this dish is transformed into the most amazing casserole you might ever taste. And the best part? It is so easy to make!
How to Make Easy HamburgerFrench Onion Casserole
- Cook ground Beef until brown and crumbles
- Add French Onion Soup
- add Cream Soup
- Add sour cream and green beans
- Stir in cooked pasta
- transfer to a baking dish
- Top with cheese and crispy onions
Tips Tricks and FAQs
- I use green beans in this dish, but you can easily swap it out for another vegetable. I know that broccoli is another popular choice.
- Use a lean ground beef with this recipe. I try to use a 90/10 when making casseroles.
- If you want a whole new flavor you can swap out the ground beef for ground pork or ground turkey.
- Another alternative to this dish is to use rice instead of egg noodles.
- Feel free to use more or less of the crispy onion straws. It is one of my favorite things, so I tend to always add more to this dish.
If you have leftovers you will want to store them in the fridge covered or in an airtight container. They will last for 3-4 days.
This is a great dish to make and throw in your freezer for a really busy night. To freeze, you will want to assemble the dish all the way up to the point of baking it. Then you will want to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and cover with foil and place in your freezer.
It will store for 1 month in the freezer. I recommend not adding the Crispy French onions until you are ready to bake.
To thaw, place it in the fridge overnight.
This is one of those dishes that is great to make ahead. I love making it in the morning, covering it, and then placing it in the fridge.
I pull it out while the oven is preheating and pop it in and bake. It might take a few extra cooking minutes because it is colder going into the oven.
You can make this dish the night before as well.
Ready for more casseroles? Try These!
- 12 oz bag of egg noodles
- 1.5 pounds ground beef
- 1 can 10oz cream mushroom soup
- 1 can 10 oz French Onion soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup green beans (I used frozen)
- 8 oz Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Crispy french onions
- Cook pasta as directed and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cook ground beef until brown and crumbled
- Add cream soup, french onion soup.
- Stir in sour cream and green beans.
- Mix in cooked pasta
- Place in a baking dish
- Top with mozzarella cheese and Crispy French Onions.
- bake for 20-30 minutes until cheese is melted.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 521Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 132mgSodium: 595mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 35g