Leftover Turkey Casserole is a perfect way to use your leftover turkey as you combine it with mixed vegetables, cream of chicken soup, and then topped with panko bread crumbs to create a meal that your family will love.
Leftover Turkey Casserole
I love Thanksgiving, so much that I even have an Instant Pot Thanksgiving Turkey Casserole recipe so I can make it whenever I feel like it! The one thing about Thanksgiving dinner is we always have so much leftover turkey. With that being said, I try to find as many different ways that I can to serve it for the next few days. Some of our favorites are Turkey Reuben Sandwiches, Turkey Roll-Ups, and of course this Leftover Turkey Casserole.
The great thing about this dish is it is easy to prep (less than 15 minutes!). You can make it ahead of time, and you can also freeze it for later!
How to make Leftover Turkey Casserole
- Cut left over Turkey Or rotisserie chicken in 1″ cubes
- Cook Egg noodles as directed on package
- Mix cream soup, milk seasonings, and veggies
- add turkey and mix.
- Stir in cooked egg noodles
- place in a casserole dish and top with panko bread crumbs
Tips Tricks and FAQs
- Get creative with this recipe! The purpose of leftover casserole is to use up some of the things you have leftover from Thanksgiving dinner. Feel free to add in other vegetables or even leftover cornbread for even more flavor.
- You will want to keep this dish covered while baking so the top does not burn, however for the last 10 minutes remove the foil to allow the top to brown and get crispy.
- You can easily double this recipe as well as halve it.
You can prep this casserole up to a day ahead of time. You will want to follow the recipe all the way up to the point of baking, then cover and place in the fridge. It will keep for up to 24 hours. Pull out of the fridge while you are preheating the oven.
You will want to store your leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
I recommend freezing your casserole prior to baking. To do this, just follow the recipe all the way up to the point of baking (be sure you use a freezer-safe container) and then wrap it in plastic wrap and then in foil. This will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When you are ready to make this dish, thaw in the fridge overnight.
Check out these other great casseroles!
- 2 cups left over turkey
- 2 (10 oz )cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup Milk
- 16 oz cooked egg noodles
- 10 oz bag mixed vegetables
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cook egg noodles according to package
- Mix together cut up turkey, cream soup, milk, and vegetables.
- Season with garlic and onion powder
- Stir in cooked egg noodles
- top with toasted panko bread crumbs
In a small pan melt butter and add bread crumbs cook until golden brown.
- Place in a casserole pan and bake for 15-20 minutes until warm and bubbling
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 249Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 318mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 15g