Sous Vide French Dip sandwiches give you that restaurant-quality juicy and tender roast beef you are craving. Sous Vide will cook your beef perfectly every single time!
Sous Vide French Dip Sandwich
I think I have a new found love! My Gourmia 11 in 1 Multicooker which also has sous vide function that I love! I made the MOST amazing French dip sandwiches using my sous vide.
Fork tender and full of flavor this was the best roast I have ever had. Nothing compares to meat cooked in a Sous Vide.
I also made Old Fashioned Chili in my multi-cooker that turned out AMAZING!
How Do You Make The Sauce When Cooking Sous Vide Method
To make these amazing juice fork-tender French Dip sandwiches it is easy enough for even the worst cook to make. I made my french dip sauce not the typical way it was made with some wine and broth leftover in the bag. The very best accessory for any sous vide is the Gourmia GVS435 – Stainless Steel Vacuum Sealer.
How To Make Sous Vide French Dip Sandwiches
Step 1: Start by preheating your Sous vide as directed below. Then mix you butter, garlic, and parsley together. Generously coat your beef.
Step 2: Place your roast in a Sous Vide bag and place rosemary on top. Seal your bag properly.
Step 3: Now you will place in a water bath for a full 24 hours.
Step 4: After the 24 hours is up remove beef! Then preheat your cast iron skillet to 500 degrees. You need it hot to sear the beef. Seat both sides of the meat about 1 minute per side.
Step 5: Remove beef and now you will work on your French Dip Sauce. Add in your wine, and gravy master. Stir and mix well. Then shred beef and place back in the pan, with all the juices. Mix well and then serve on buns!
Is Beef Consomme the Same as Au Jus
Depending on who you ask will depend on the answer. Essentially yes they are different but some will disagree and say they are the same.
Both make great dips for your French dips, and will bring tons of flavor to your sandwich. But au jus tends to be made from the juices of the meat, where beef consomme doesn’t.
What Goes With French Dips
- French Fries
- Onion Rings or Fried Pickles
- Potato Chips
- Cucumber and Onions
- Green Salad
Essentially you can serve pretty much anything with your French Dips! Those are just a few of my favorite pairings.
Best Cut of Beef to Use for French Dips
Now for the recipe. You can buy any cut of roast for this I spent about $7.00 and it turned out amazing.
Chuck roast or even eye round roast are two pretty popular beef cuts. But feel free to buy what is on sale or what is available at your grocery store or butcher.
I use ChefSteps to figure out what temp I want my meat done too. It’s a great informational site for Sous Vide.
Store your meat and sauce in the fridge for up to three days. You can reheat on the stovetop, microwave, or even warming in a slow cooker!
- 1 stick soften butter
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 sprigs Rosemary
- 1 tbs parsley
- 3- pound roast
- For the sauce:
- Broth Juice from your bag 2 cups
- 1 cup red wine
- dash of Gravy Master
- 2 tbs flour
- Turn on your sous vide to 150 degrees.
- Meanwhile, mix together garlic, butter, and parsley and spread it over your meat.
- Place rosemary on top and place it in your sealed bag.
- Put in the water bath for 24 hours. This will make your roast well done. Set your timer for 24 hours and place your meat in the bath. That's it 🙂
- In 24 hours remove from the bag.
- Place a cast-iron skillet on the stove and let it heat up to about 500 degrees screaming hot.
- Sear your roast on both sides about 1 minute per side.
- Remove from the pan.
- Place flour in the pan and use a whisk and slowly add your broth. simmer until bubbly.
- Add your wine and a dash of gravy master.
- Use a fork to shred your meat.
- Place back in the pan with the juices and serve on a bun. I hope you enjoy this as much as we did.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 130Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 123mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g