The Best Air Fryer Rotisserie Chicken is tender and juicy with a seasoned crispy skin and this whole chicken is roasted to perfection in the air fryer. Stuffed with lemon and garlic this is better than store-bought nobody will believe you made this right at home.
A lot of times we buy a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store because it is convenient and a quick meal, but it’s always easier to roast our own chicken and much tastier.
This week I added a new Air Fryer to my collection, the Omni Pro By Instant Pot. The first thing I wanted to try was roasting a rotisserie chicken in the air fryer.
Why make Rotisserie Chicken in the Air Fryer
- Delicious Juicy meat with a Crispy Skin.
- Quick and Easy Clean up.
- Cook a whole chicken without heating up your kitchen.
- Cooks evenly.
- Tastes better than store bought.
What do you need to make the BEST Air Fryer Chicken?
- Whole 4-5 pound Chicken
- Cooking Twine
- Air Fryer ( I used the Omni Pro)
- Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- celery salt
How to make this air fryer chicken recipe:
- Remove any gibblets that may be in the chicken cavity.
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken.
- Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees
- Place sliced lemon, garlic, and rosemary inside the chicken.
- Coat chicken skin with seasonings and oil.
- Using your kitchen twine tie the legs of the chicken together.
- Place chicken in air fryer and hit rotate.
- If you have a air fryer basket place chicken in basket breast side down.
Chef Tips and Tricks
- Use bakers twine to tie the legs.
- Brush skin of whole chicken with avacado oil or olive oil.
- Make sure you press the rotate button on your Omni Air fryer.
- If using a basket air fryer place chicken breast side down and flip over after half done.
- Always check doneness with a meat thermometer 165 degrees.
- Use a smaller chicken for this recipe about 4-5 pounds.
I mix together my oil and seasonings and brush them on.
Using the lemon and herbs in the chicken infuses the chicken with the flavors while it’s cooking. This makes it a tender and juicy chicken that’s full of flavor.
Absolutely! You can save all of your bones to make a delicious broth from your rotisserie chicken.
A Rotisserie chicken is placed on a spit and spins around. The Roasted chicken is placed on a cooking tray.
What can you make with leftover rotisserie chicken?
There are so many ways to use up your leftover rotisserie chicken such as chicken salad, chicken tacos, you can even add roasted chicken to any salad. I like to use my leftover rotisserie chicken to make a whole new meal like:
How to store chicken.
Place in an air-tight container and store in the fridge for 3 days. Or you can the leftovers in the freezer in an air-tight container for 6 months.
How to Reheat.
Place on air fryer on 300 degrees and place chicken in the basket or on the tray. Cook for 3 minutes or until warm. You can also reheat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- 4-5 pound whole chicken
- 1 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 3 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp salt
- Pre-heat Air Fryer to 375 degrees.
- Rinse and remove giblets from the chicken.
- Pat chicken dry.
- Cut the lemon in half and place it inside the cavity of the chicken.
- Add full cloves of garlic and a sprig of rosemary into the chicken.
- Tie legs and wings of chicken with bakers twine.
- Mix together the olive oil and spices.
- Coat chicken skin with oil and spices mixture.
- Place on the rotisserie spit.
- Put in the air fryer and make sure you select "rotate" on the options.
- Cook on the roast function for 60 minutes.
- Check the temperature of the chicken it should be 165 degrees.
- Remove lemon, garlic, and rosemary from the center of the chicken and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 994Total Fat: 61gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 39gCholesterol: 333mgSodium: 903mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 104g