Air fryer sausage balls are juicy and packed full of all kinds of delicious flavors. These sausage meatballs make the perfect appetizer to serve at your next party.
We love sausage balls in our house, especially in the air fryer. They are easy to prep (like less than 15 minutes) and cook incredibly fast. Not only that, but the air fryer has a way to lock in the flavor and juices to give you the most incredibly tender sausage meatballs.
This sausage meatball recipe is perfect for busy weeknights and perfect to serve at parties. You can prep and cook a lot of meatballs in your air fryer really fast.
How to make sausage balls in the air fryer
- Mix together ingredients
- Roll into 1″ balls
- Place in air fryer
- Cook as directed below
Tips Tricks and FAQs
- Cooking times vary depending on the size and brand of your air fryer. We are sharing general guidelines, but it might differ a bit with your air fryer. Cook based on this recipe and then alter as needed.
- Don’t overmix your sausage balls. If you overmix it can lead to tough meatballs. I recommended mixing the meat mixture with your hands.
- Use a 2 Tablespoon cookie scoop to ensure all your meatballs are the same size.
- When cooking meatballs be sure they are not touching to allow them to get crispy.
- Get creative! Try different types of meats or add a variety of cheeses for even more flavor.
Your cooked air fryer meatballs will last about 3 days in the fridge in an airtight container. If you want to crispy them back up, place them in the air fryer to reheat.
This recipe makes a lot of meatballs. I love making a big batch and then freezing raw meatballs to pull out later and cook in the air fryer.
To freeze, you will roll your meatballs and place them on a tray lined with parchment paper. Be sure they are not touching. Once you have rolled all your meatballs place on a tray and freeze. Allow them to freeze completely (1-2 hours). Once frozen, place them in a freezer-safe bag.
Cooking frozen meatballs
When you are ready to make your frozen meatballs you will pull them out of the freezer and place them in the air fryer basket. Cook them at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes. Be sure to check the internal temperature to ensure they are fully cooked before consuming them.
Ready for more Air fryer favorites? Try these recipes!
- 3 Cups Bisquick
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Pound Bulk Sausage like Jimmy Deans
- Preheat Air fryer to 390
- Mix together pork, cheese, and Bisquick.
- Roll into 1" Balls
- Cook for 10 minutes or until golden brown
- Remove and serve
Or Bake in the oven on 350 for 20 minutes
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 161Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 410mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g