Mozzarella Stuffed Air Fryer Meatballs are delicious and moist. They are filled with gooey mozzarella cheese on the inside and have a crispy outside. Serve them with your favorite sauce or eat alone. Once you try these, you won’t want them any other way!
Mozzarella Stuffed Air Fryer Meatballs
Cheese makes everything taste better and let me tell you that these Mozzarella Stuffed Air Fryer Meatballs are next-level delicious! Add these to a nice bowl of pasta with red sauce with a homemade french bread on the side and you have a meal that your family will be raving about all week long!
Why you are going to love these Airfryer Meatballs stuffed with Mozzarella Cheese
- Easy to make.
- The meatballs are tender, and flavorful especially with the addition of mozzarella cheese.
- Can easily double the recipe.
- You can make these ahead and freeze them to enjoy later.
- Makes a great appetizer.
What Do you need to make Air Fryer Meatballs?
- Ground Beef
- bread crumbs
- shredded parmesan cheese
- mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
Air Fryer Meatballs Recipe
- Pre-heat air fryer to 390.
- In large bowl mix together ground beef, egg, garlic, parmesan cheese, and bread crumbs.
- Shape into 1″ sized meatballs
- Press mozzarealla cheese in the middle
- Shape meatball around the cheese.
- Place in a single layer in air fryer basket
- Flip over after 7 minutes
- Continue cooking for 5 more minutes for a total of 12 minutes
- Remove and serve with your favorite marinara sauce.
Tips Tricks and FAQs
- You can easily do a combination of different meats if you prefer. Try using ground pork for a different flavor combination.
- You want to make sure the cheese is sealed in the middle or it will leak out while it is cooking.
- I prefer to use string cheese bites, but you can easily use chunks of mozzarella if you prefer.
- Be sure that all your meatballs are the same size so they cook evenly. Use a cookie scoop to ensure all meatballs are the same size.
- You can easily make mini mozzarella stuffed meatballs to serve as appetizers if you prefer. If you make a smaller version, you may need to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Can I make meatballs without cheese in the center?
Yes, you can follow the same directions for stuffed meatballs and skip the mozzarella in the center.
You will want to store your leftover stuffed meatballs in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Can you freeze Stuffed Meatballs?
Yes, you can freeze Mozzarella stuffed meatballs. You will want to cook them according to the recipe and let them completely cool. Once cooled, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place it in the freezer. Once frozen, add them to a freezer bag. These will store for about 3 months.
Thaw them in the fridge overnight and reheat in the Air Fryer or in the oven until warm.
Can I use other meats to make meatballs?
I usually use ground beef, but you can use ground pork, ground chicken, or even ground pork.
Can I cook these in the oven?
Yes, you can cook these in the oven. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and bake for about 20 minutes. Be sure you flip them halfway through cooking and check to make sure they are no longer pink prior to serving.
More Meatball Recipes You will love
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 12 1" pieces of mozzarella string cheese
- Pre-heat air fryer to 390.
- Mix together ground beef, egg, parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, garlic, and parsley.
- Shape into 1" balls using a scooper.
- Press mozzarella into the center of each ball and shape meat around the cheese. (you can skip this if you want regular meatballs)
- Place meatballs in a single layer in the preheated air fryer.
- Cook on air-fry for 7 minutes.
- Flip the meatballs over and continue to cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Remove and serve with marinara sauce.
You can skip adding the cheese to the center if you wish.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 487Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 167mgSodium: 605mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 43g