Creating your own homemade ranch dressing has never been easier as this recipe combines buttermilk, mayonnaise, sour cream, chives, dill, garlic, and onion powder to make the best ranch dressing you have ever had. The best news is it is ready in just a few minutes.
Homemade Ranch Dressing
We love Ranch dressing, especially ranch made with our homemade ranch seasoning mix. This homemade ranch is packed with so much flavor that you will want to dip everything in it from fresh vegetables to our Air Fryer Chicken Tenders or Air Fryer Chick-Fil-A Nuggets
Seriously in just a few minutes, you will have a homemade ranch that will make everyone go wow! You will never want to buy storebought ranch again!
How to make homemade ranch dressing
- Gather ingredients
- Stir and mix in buttermilk
- place in fridge
Tips Tricks and FAQs
- Be sure to let your ranch dressing sit in the fridge for about 20 minutes after making it. This will help thicken it up.
- If you find yourself without buttermilk in the fridge you can make your own (instructions below).
- If you are trying to make a dressing with fewer calories you can swap out the sour cream for Greek Yogurt.
- This recipe is super versatile. Not only is it a great dressing, but it makes a great dip as well. If you are making a dip just add less buttermilk to keep it thicker. The buttermilk is the key in thinning (use more buttermilk) the dressing or thickening it (use less buttermilk).
- For the best flavor use full-fat sour cream and mayonnaise.
Store your homemade ranch dressing in the fridge in an airtight container for up to one week.
How to Make buttermilk
It is easy to make your own buttermilk if you find yourself without it! To make buttermilk you need 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice for every cup of milk. Stir to combine and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Stir again and you should have some nice thick buttermilk ready to go!
Try these recipes with Homemade Ranch!
Or Try this Olive Garden Italian Dressing Recipe
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp dried chives
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
In a large bowl mix together all ingredients.
allow to cool for about 20 minutes
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 108Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 331mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g