This Salisbury steak recipe is one of a kind as it combines seasoned beef with a brown gravy mushroom sauce. It is the ultimate comfort dish that is perfect to serve any night of the week.
World’s Best Salisbury Steak Recipe
We love to eat meat, especially steaks, but it gets so expensive, that is why we are a huge fan of making Salisbury Steak at home. Salisbury steak takes ground beef and elevates it to the next level by adding seasonings and other pantry ingredients to create a gourmet meal your whole family will love.
This meal is filled with tons of delicious flavor and protein that is perfect to make any day of the week because it is ready in under 30 minutes.
What is Salisbury Steak served with?
Salisbury steak is typically served in a brown or gravy sauce topped with mushrooms.
How to make Salisbury Steak
- Mix together ground beef mixture
- Shape into patties
- Brown each patty and remove from pan
- Saute onions and mushrooms, add flour
- Add broth and return Steaks to pan
Tips Tricks and FAQs
- If you would like a thicker gravy, reduce the amount of beef broth to 1 cup. For a thinner gravy add more beef broth.
- The cooking time varies by the thickness of the steaks. These cooking times are based on 1 inch thick steaks.
- If you are not a fan of mushrooms you can omit them.
To store your leftovers you will want to do so in an airtight container in the fridge. This will keep for about 3-4 days.
To store your leftovers in the freezer you will want to make sure that it is completely cooled. Then place it in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
To thaw, place in the fridge overnight.
How to serve Salisbury Steak
We love to eat Salisbury Steak the old fashioned way, on top of a nice fluffy pile of mashed potatoes.
You can also serve it over egg noodles or rice.
Ready for more Beef Recipes? Try these!
- 8 oz Sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1.5 Pounds Ground Beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Worcestershire
- 1 tbsp gravy master ( or kitchen boutique)
- In a large bowl mix together ground beef, Worcestershire, eggs, bread crumbs, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Shape into 1" oval patties
- Fry in a large pan until brown on the outside about 2-3 minutes per side. ( they will still be raw on the inside.)
- Remove from pan.
- Melt butter and add onions, garlic, and mushrooms.
- Stir in flour
- Pour in 2 cups beef broth bring to a boil
- Turn to medium-low heat
- add Gravy Master
- The sauce will thicken.
- add steaks back to the pan.
- Cover and continue cooking for about 20 minutes
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 476Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 173mgSodium: 607mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 38g