I have wanted to try Magic Cake in the Instant pot since I saw the recipe on SparklesToSprinkles. Magic cake has 3 layers of yummy goodness, sponge cake, custard, and fudge. The great thing about this cake is you only need a few ingredients. The batter is a little tricky to make you should watch the video on SparklesToSprinkles to get it right and you can bake it right in your Instant pot or pressure cooker. My Apple Bread with salted Caramel is another great recipe to try in the instant pot.
You will need:
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup flour
1 TSP Vanilla
1 stick melted butter
2 cups luke warm milk
powdered sugar for dusting
Directions: For the Batter, I suggest seeing the video on SparklesToSprinkles. Pour into your 7″ springform pan. The batter will come right to the top. Place 1 cup of water in the bottom of your pressure cooker. Create a sling with foil and lower onto your trivet. loosely cover pan with foil. Place pot on Manual High pressure for 40 minutes. Do a quick release. Remove and allow to cool. sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 TSP Vanilla
- 1 stick melted butter
- 2 cups luke warm milk
- For the Batter, I suggest seeing the video on SparklesToSprinkles.
- Pour into your springform pan.
- Place 1 cup of water in the bottom of your pressure cooker.
- Create a sling with foil and lower onto your trivet.
- loosely cover pan with foil.
- Place pot on Manual High pressure for 40 minutes.
- Do a quick release.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 269Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 126mgSodium: 143mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 0gSugar: 19gProtein: 6g