5 ingredients is all you need to make pumpkin spice hot chocolate. Warm, cozy homemade pumpkin hot chocolate is calling your name!
Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate
I love making homemade hot chocolate and I also made some homemade Hot Apple cider that was unbelievable. I thought it was time to join in on the pumpkin spice everything, so I made Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate.
This is chocolaty with a hint of pumpkin spice it was delicious. I hope you enjoy.
How to Make
Step 1: In a saucepan you will pour your milk in and heat on medium to low heat. Make sure the milk does not boil.
Step 2: Once warmed stir in your pumpkin purée, cocoa powder and spices. Whisk the cocoa mixture until nice and mixed.
Step 3: You will mix up your cocoa until warmed fully then ladle onto mugs and top with whipped cream.
Variations to Serving Up Pumpkin Cocoa
- Dollop of whipped cream
- Serve over a glass of ice for a cold cocoa
- Sprinkle with pumpkin spice
- Drizzle on caramel sauce
- Blend with ice to make a frozen hot cocoa
There are number of ways you can change up your pumpkin spice cocoa!
How to Store Leftover Homemade Hot Chocolate
You can store your leftover hot chocolate in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
When you go to drink some just stir well to incorporate the hot chocolate. Then you wan warm up a glass in the microwave or even a pan on stove.
Can I Double The Recipe
Are you looking for a delicious pumpkin spice drink to serve up your guests? Make a double or even triple batch of this homemade drink.
I have made a big batch and then placed it in the slow cooker on the keep warm setting. Then just stir here and there to ensure no burning.
Is Pumpkin Purée and Pumpkin Pie Mix The Same Thing
Pumpkin purée is canned pumpkin whereas pumpkin pie mix is a mix of ingredients used to make a pumpkin pie.
The two are not interchangeable and you need to make sure you use pumpkin purée.
Or if you like you can make homemade pumpkin purée to use in the hot chocolate. I tend to use canned since this recipe doesn’t require a ton.
Why This Recipe Works
- Basic ingredients is all it takes to make a rich and creamy homemade hot chocolate.
- Minimal effort in the prep of even the cooking process. Just stir and monitor a sweet pumpkin infused drink.
- Easy cleanup when you finish cooking. I will never complain if I don’t dirty the whole kitchen.
- Whip the whole drink up in one pot! Don’t dirty the whole kitchen!
- 4 tbs pumpkin puree
- 4 cups whole milk or half n half
- 4 tbs powdered cocoa
- 1 tbs pumpkin pie spice
- Cool whip for topping.
- Directions: In a small saucepan warm milk on a medium heat
- . Do not bring to a boil.
- Whisk in pumpkin puree, spices, and cocoa powder until smooth.
- Continue cooking 1-2 minutes not let boil.
- Pour into two large mugs and top with whipped topping.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 76Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 44mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 4g