Parmesan Crusted potatoes make the most delicious side as you take baby potatoes cut them in half, dip them in butter and parmesan cheese, and bake them to give them the most crispy crust you have ever had. Once you make these you won’t ever stop making this delicious side dish.
Parmesan Crusted Potatoes
One of my favorite side dishes to make is potato recipes. I love how hearty they are and how much they add to any meal. Some of our favorites are of course Crockpot Scalloped potatoes and melting potatoes.
The other day I was craving a crispy version of baked potatoes that was still tender on the inside. These parmesan potatoes are just that! They are crispy on the outside, full of so much flavor, and worth the time and effort to make them. This is officially my go-to side for Sunday dinner.
How to make This Easy Recipe Parmesan Crusted Potatoes 🥔
- Cut Potatoes in half. potatoes cut side ways.
- Mix together grated parmesan and spices
- Coat Potatoes with Melted Butter
- Press each potato in the parmesan cheese mixture for your cheese crust
- Bake on a Baking Sheet
Tips Tricks and FAQs
- Use a glass dish while making this recipe. This allows you to look underneath the dish to make sure the potatoes have that nice crust on them before removing them from the oven.
- You want to preheat your glass pan in the oven with about 1 Tablespoon of butter. Let that butter fully melt and then add your potatoes. This will help get that crust you will love.
- Use parmesan cheese from the refrigerated section of the store. You can buy the pre-shredded stuff that is really finely shredded or you can shred your own. The secret is really finely shredded cheese. However, do not use the parmesan cheese you find in the aisle of the grocery store on the shelf.
- Be sure to not line your pan. You want these to be touching the pan to help with the crispiness of the potatoes.
More Parmesan Recipes you will love
How to Store Baked Potatoes
Store your leftover potatoes in the fridge for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
When you are ready to enjoy again, place them back in a pan at 400° F for about 5 minutes. You want to make sure they are cooked all the way through before removing them. Reheating them in the oven also helps crispy them up a bit more than if you reheat them in the microwave.
- 3 Pounds Baby Potatoes
- 1 Cup Grated Parmesan
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Add 2 tbsp butter to a glass pan while oven preheats
- Cut in half all the potatoes
- Melt the rest of the butter and set aside
- Mix together parmesan cheese and seasonings
- Pour melted butter over potatoes
- Dip each potato end in the parmesan cheese press down hard so the cheese sticks to each potato
- Place face down on glass pan
- Bake for 1 hour or until bottom of potatoes are golden brown.
Use a glass pan so you can see the bottom of the potatoes
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 193mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g