Crockpot Cheesy Potatoes is a great side dish loaded with bacon, sour cream, and cheesy potatoes made right in your slow cooker. It’s a perfect side dish that is super easy for a family dinner or taking to any gathering.
My weakness is potatoes I could eat them for every single meal. There are so many ways to prepare potatoes like Parmesan Crusted Potatoes, slow cooker Potato Soup, and Garlic Rosemary Potatoes; even my Melting Potatoes would be a big hit.
Ingredients Needed for slow cooker Cheesy Potatoes
- Hashbrown Potatoes Frozen or Thawed or Fresh potatoes cubed
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Sour Cream
- Six slices of cooked bacon
- garlic powder
- Onion powder
- red pepper flakes
- Cheddar Cheese
- Monterey Cheese
- Green Onions for garnish
Toppings for crockpot cheesy potatoes
- Green Onions
- Sour Cream
- cheddar cheese
- ham or sausage
Step by Step Directions for Crockpot Cheesy Potatoes Recipe
Mix sour cream, cream soup, seasonings, and cheeses in a large bowl.
Spread the mixture over the top of the hashbrowns or potatoes in your crock pot.
Cheese Mixture over the top of the potatoes.
Mix well and cover crock pot; cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours.
Remove the cover and top with more cheese and bacon. Place the top back on the slow cooker and cook for 10-20 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Tips and Tricks for Crockpot Cheesy Potatoes
- To make in the oven, place in a baking dish and bake on 350 for one hour.
- You can double this recipe the cooking time will remain the same.
- Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray or melted butter.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use fresh potatoes, peel and cube them into 1″ pieces.
Yes, You can use any cream soup for this recipe, such as cream of mushroom, celery, or cream of chicken.
Use a monetary cheese and cheddar mix also; if you shred the cheese at home, the cheese melts much nicer.
yes, you can use cubed or shredded hashbrowns the cooking time will be the same.
Yes, you can use real bacon bits instead of bacon slices.
- 28 ounce Frozen Hashbrowns
- 8 oz can cream chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 6 slices cooked bacon
- green onions optional
- 8 oz monterey cheese
- 8 oz Cheddar Cheese
- Mix sour cream, cream soup, seasonings, and half of the cheeses in a large bowl.
- Mix well until well combined.
- Spread mixture on top of the hashbrowns in the crockpot.
- Coat all potatoes with the mixture cover and cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 2 hours.
- Remove the cover and top with the remaining cheese and bacon.
- Place the top back on the slow cooker and cook for 10-20 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 605Total Fat: 44gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 1182mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 20g