This Ultimate Italian Meatloaf recipe takes my classic meatball recipe and elevates it to the next level by adding hot ham, spinach, and cheese that is then topped with tomato sauce and cheese. Once you create this masterpiece you will want to serve it to all your dinner guests.
Meatloaf has always been a favorite in our home, I mean my One Pot Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes and Cheeseburger meatloaf are one of my favorite classic meatloaf recipes, but when we are having friends and family over I want to serve something a little higher-end, meet the Ulitmate Italian Meatloaf.
This recipe will wow your guests because it elevates meatloaf to a whole new level as it is stuffed with ham, spinach, and mozzarella cheese. This will soon become your Sunday dinner meal or what you severe to everyone who visits.
How to make Italian Meatloaf
- Mix together meat, seasonings, eggs, bread crumbs, romano cheese, and garlic in a large bowl.
- Flatten large meatball mix on parchment paper
- Add a layer of hot ham
- Add a layer of spinach
- add a layer of cheese
- Roll and seal edges
- bake on a baking dish
- add marinara sauce and cheese bake till melted
Tips Tricks and FAQs
- If you find yourself without breadcrumbs you can crush Ritz crackers and use them instead.
- If you prefer ground turkey you can substitute the ground beef out.
- Be sure to use parchment or wax paper to help roll your meatloaf.
- I prefer using sliced cheese, but you can use shredded cheese if you choose.
You will want to store your leftover meatloaf in the fridge in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days.
This recipe makes a great leftover meatloaf sandwich reheat and add a little Parmesan cheese. This is a great recipe and it almost tastes like a giant meatball stuffed with goodness.
More Recipes you will love
This stuffed meatloaf freezes really well. You can choose to freeze it before or after cooking. If you are freezing prior to cooking, form your meat loaf and then wrap it in plastic wrap and then in foil. Forgo adding the toppings to the top until you are ready to cook.
If you are freezing after cooking, you will want to let it completely cool. Once cooled, wrap in plastic and then in foil. When you are ready to serve thaw in the fridge and then warm back up in the oven. You may want to add the toppings to the top again.
What can I serve with this Stuffed Meatloaf?
You can’t go wrong serving this dish with my favorite garlic and rosemary Instant Pot Potatoes with a steamed vegetable on the side.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups Romano Cheese
- 1 cup italian bread crumbs
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 eggs
- 10 slices mozzarella
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 pound hot ham
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 350
- in a large bowl mix ground beef, garlic, eggs, romano cheese, and bread crumbs.
- Lay mixture on a piece of parchment paper
- Flatten out the meat mixture into a large square
- Top with a layer of hot ham
- Add a layer of fresh uncooked spinach
- Top with slices of mozzarella cheese
- Roll using your parchment paper and seal the edges
- Place in a large baking dish
- bake for 60 minutes
- remove and top with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese
- bake for an additional 15 minutes
- Remove from oven and serve
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 502Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 172mgSodium: 1007mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 44g