This easy cheesy Broccoli Cheddar Chicken Pot Pie is the ultimate comfort food as it combines broccoli and a creamy cheese sauce with a flaky pie crust for a simple meal the whole family will love.
Broccoli Cheddar Chicken Pot Pie
With the weather being cold and dreary outside I am always drawn to those classic comfort dishes that we all know and love like Grandma’s Crockpot scalloped potatoes and ham recipe, homemade chicken pot pie, and easy hamburger French Onion Casserole. I was feeling like a pot pie but wanted a simpler version. This Homemade Broccoli Cheddar Pot Pie fits the bill perfectly.
This broccoli cheddar chicken pot pie
- Is easy to prep
- Uses a flaky refrigerated pie crust to minimize prep time
- Is cheesy and creamy
- Will become one of your favorite comfort dishes.
- Freezes perfectly!
🐔🥦How to make Broccoli Cheddar Chicken Pot Pie
1. Saute Chicken Breasts. 🐔
2. Add cream cheese and cream soup.
3. Pour in Heavy Cream.
4. Allow the Chicken Mixture to thicken.
5. Add cheddar cheese 🧀.
6. Add Steamed or Frozen Broccoli 🥦.
7. More Cheese 🧀.
8. Top Pie Plate with Pie Crust.
9. Brush with Egg Wash and Bake 🥚.
Tip Tricks and FAQs
- Feel free to use any cheese you have on hand to add to the pot pie for even more flavor. Some great additions are mild or sharp cheddar, Colby, or even swiss cheese.
- Skip the chicken and substitute cream of chicken soup for cream of mushroom for a meat-free pot pie
- Replace Pie Crust for a Pastry Puff and use the same cooking time.
- Use cooked rotisserie chicken and skip the step of cooking the chicken.
This broccoli cheddar chicken pot pie stores nicely in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
More Broccoli and Cheddar Recipes 🧀🥦
Pot pies are one of those dishes that freeze so well! I love to make two and serve one and freeze the other.
To freeze your pot pie you will want to follow the directions and assemble and cook your pot pie completely. Let it cool. Once cooled you will want to wrap it in plastic wrap a few times and then with foil. This will help protect it from freezer burn.
Thaw in the fridge overnight and then let it come back to room temperature prior to warming back up in the oven.
- 1 Pound Boneless Skinless Chicken
- 1 Can Cream Chicken Soup
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 16 oz Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Pie Crust
- 2 Cups Steamed Broccoli
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350
- Saute cubed chicken until no longer pink
- Add cream of chicken soup and cream cheese
- Pour in your heavy cream
- Cook on medium heat until cream cheese is melted and the mixture is thick and bubbly.
- Stir in half of the cheese
- Add Steamed Broccoli
- Top with more cheese
- Top with Pie Crust.
- Brush Eggwash on top of pie crust ( one egg and water whisked)
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until top is golden brown
I used a Cast iron pan
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 428Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 121mgSodium: 569mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 23g