Can you believe I can have this Panera’s CopyCat Instant Pot Chicken Wild Rice Soup ready in 30 minutes, even when I use frozen chicken? This soup taste so similar to Panera’s it is like you ordered it to-go came home and ate it, and spent a fraction of what you would have paid. Even better, you get to reap the rewards of leftovers! This soup is one that I crave when the weather begins to get chilly, it is such a hearty and comforting soup, that I highly recommend making.
If you haven’t figured it out, I love Panera! I love their Broccoli Cheddar Soup, this soup, bread bowls, sandwiches, you name it I love it. What I love is they use more natural ingredients so creating CopyCat recipes like this allows you to hit the nail on the head with the flavors. It took a little practice and adjustments of ingredients but I think I nailed it with Panera’s CopyCat Instant Pot Chicken Wild Rice Soup
A few weeks back the sun was shining and I actually thought spring was finally here. Then we wake up and look outside to see a blanket of snow had fallen during the night. These random snow storms are not my favorite, but it allowed me to have a good excuse to whip up this creamy and hearty soup. Luckily I had all the ingredients on hand and I didn’t have to venture out in the cold.
My favorite part of this soup when it comes to cooking is it is okay if I didn’t plan for it. Just like my snow day, I didn’t plan to make soup, but I could pull chicken from the freezer and put in the Instant Pot without thawing and still have soup ready in 30 minutes. Why buy canned soup that lacks flavor, when you can make homemade that is rich in flavors, in just half an hour. Trust me if you try this soup, you will be back for the recipe, to make over and over again!
More Soups You may Love
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 1 4.3 oz box rice a roni wild rice
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream or milk
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Place the instant pot on saute add oil, garlic, onion, and veggies in the instant pot.
- Add Chicken ( mine was frozen).
- Add chicken broth, rice a roni, and packet of seasoning.
- Add basil and oregano.
- Place the pot on 30 minutes manual high pressure or just use your soup button
- Do a quick release.
- Remove chicken and shred.
- Add to your soup.
- Place pot on saute.
- Mix 1 cup of your broth with 2 tbs cornstarch to make a slurry.
- Pour in heavy cream and slurry, continue to saute until it thickens.
- Note it does thicken more as it stands. Enjoy!
- Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 8 oz
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 266 Total Fat: 17g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 64mg Sodium: 608mg Carbohydrates: 15g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g Protein: 14g