These air fryer mozzarella sticks have a crispy outside and gooey, cheesy center that is packed with flavor. Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce for a delicious air fryer appetizer that is sure to please. Whether you opt for frozen or homemade, you can’t go wrong with this recipe.
You can find many more delicious Appetizers that are cooked in the instant pot or air fryer.
Why make Mozzarella Sticks in the Air Fryer
Whether you make it homemade or frozen mozzarella sticks in the air fryer this recipe is all you need. You will use less grease and be done in minutes.
What Do You Need for Homemade Mozzarella Cheese Sticks?
- Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil cooking spray
For From Frozen
- One Box Frozen Mozzarella Sticks
- Cooking Spray
Step by Step Directions to make mozzarella sticks in the air fryer.
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees.
- Prepare a breading station.
- Whisk the egg in a shallow bowl.
- Add seasonings to the flour.
- coat each mozzarella in the flour mixture.
- Dip each mozzarella stick in the egg mixture.
- Next dip each one in the panko bread crumbs.
- Press hard making sure the panko sticks to the mozzarella.
- Repeat the process with each one.
- Place on a single layer on a tray and place in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Place in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Spray each one with olive oil or cooking spray
- Air Fryer frozen mozzarella sticks
- Remove and eat with marinara sauce or your favorite dipping sauce.
Frozen Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks Instructions
- Preheat Air Fryer
- Place frozen sticks in the air fryer.
- Spray each one with cooking spray or olive oil
- Cook in the air fryer for 5 minutes then flip over.
- Cook until golden brown.
Chef Tips and Tricks
Make sure you freeze the sticks or you will have a big mess and the cheese won’t stay inside the breading.
Spray each one with cooking spray to get a crispier outside.
Repeat the breading process to have a thicker breading on each mozzarella stick.
Frequently Asked Questions
Store in an airtight container for 3-4 days or freeze for up to 2 months.
You can reheat them in the air fryer for 3-4 minutes.
Yes, you can use cheddar instead or any of your favorite cheeses. Just make sure you freeze them.
- 12 mozzarella sticks
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 eggs whisked
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- cooking spray or olive oil
- Prepare a breading station
- one bowl with 3 whisked eggs, one with flour, and another with panko bread crumbs.
- Mix flour and garlic powder.
- First coat cheese sticks with flour,
- Next dip in the whisked eggs.
- Last coat each cheese string with panko bread crumbs.
- Place in a single layer on a cooking tray and Freeze for one hour.
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees
- Put in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Spray with cooking spray or olive oil.
- Cook for 5 minutes and flip over for another 2 minutes or until golden brown.
For Frozen Cheese Sticks
Preheat oven to 390
Place in a single layer in an air fryer basket
spray with cooking spray
Cook for 5 minutes then flip over for another 2 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 184Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 375mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 8g