Let me tell you guys i’m an not a huge meat eater. This Instant Pot French Onion Pot Roast is simply amazing! Tender Juicy Beef smothered in French Onions all done in the Instant Pot! Tastes like it cooked all day in a dutch oven but it was a Quick Instant Pot Pot Roast that everyone will love any day of the week.
There is nothing like a instant pot pot roast. Done to perfection with tender meat that shreds with the touch of your fork and still full of French Onion flavor. I served mine over mashed potatoes let me tell you it was to die for.
For this Instant Pot Quick meal I did make the mashed potatoes on the stove if you have 2 Instant Pots you can make my Garlic and Rosemary Mashed Potatoes in one when the roast is doing the natural release. I also have the Ultimate Instant Pot Pot Roast that is made with a Red Wine and cooks right with your potatoes and carrots. Garlic and Parm Asparagus is another great side dish to go with the Instant Pot French Onion Pot Roast.
What makes this meal so good is the French Onions cooked under pressure mixed with the beef broth and the seasoning. I used 2 very large white onions.
I used a 3 pound top round pot roast and cut it into 4 big chunks. You can use any type of pot roast for this dish but the top round i found a great deal on it and could not pass it up.
- 3 pounds top round roast
- 2 large onions
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbs salt
- 1 tbs pepper
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tbs onion powder
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Place olive oil in the instant pot
- mix together dry seasons and rub all over the meats
- Slice onions and add to the instant pot
- Add 3 cloves of garlic
- Cut your meat into large chunks and place in the instant pot on top of your onions
- Pour in 1 cup of beef broth
- Cook on manual settings and high pressure for 60 minutes
- Do a natural release for 20 minutes
- Remove your meat and shred
- Mix together 2 tbs of the broth and 2 tbs of cornstarch
- Place pot on saute and bring juices to a boil
- Add in cornstarch slurry continue cooking for 1-2 minutes until you reach the desired thickness.
- Pour juices and onions over the meat and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 4
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 428 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 166mg Sodium: 983mg Carbohydrates: 8g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Protein: 57g