Copycat Red Lobster Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms are the ultimate appetizer or side dish to serve up. Tender mushrooms stuffed to the brim with filling. A seafood lovers dream.
If you love stuffed mushrooms you have to try my Red Lobster Stuffed Mushrooms. Filled with flavorful crab so every bite melts in your mouth.
Copycat Red Lobster Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
If you own an air fryer you have to try my stuffed mushrooms. Clumps of crab, bread crumbs and cheese all inside a tender mushroom.
When I start eating these it is hard to stop. My husband loves his seafood so making this red lobster copycat recipe was the highlight of his day.
How Do You Keep Stuffed Mushrooms from Getting Soggy
One of the biggest things is to ensure if you rinse your mushrooms to clean, you pat them down. Remove excess water as that can break down the mushrooms quickly.
The other thing is using the air fryer to cook the mushrooms helps to prevent them from being soggy. It’s a high heat that helps protect the outside of the mushroom.
Can You Eat Leftover Stuffed Mushrooms
You can eat leftover stuffed mushrooms. The one thing with these crab stuffed mushrooms is you want to really pay attention to not eat bad mushrooms.
You will find the crab can go bad fast on mushrooms. Make sure to always use your best judgement in terms of good to eat or not.
Can You Prep These Stuffed Mushrooms A Day In Advance
You can prep these mushrooms a max of 6 hours in advance. You don’t want to go any more in risk of mushrooms getting to soggy or food spoiling,
Just prep your mushrooms and then place in a sealed container in the fridge. They will take a bit longer to cook as the filling will be chilled.
What Are The Best Mushrooms For Stuffed Mushrooms
With stuffed mushrooms you have a choice. You can use white button mushrooms, cremini, or opt for portobello for a larger life for say a main dish.
The biggest thing is cleaning out the stove area and making sure all dirt and such are removed from the mushrooms right before you begin making them.
Interested in More Red Lobster Recipes
- Air Fryer Copycat Coconut Shrimp | Juicy and tender shrimp loaded with a nice breading and hint of coconut in every bite.
- Copycat Cajun Chicken Alfredo | Grab a spoon and dive into this cheesy and flavorful dish. Loads of flavor in every bite.
- Cheddar Bay Biscuits | Rummage your pantry and find all you need for these famous biscuits to make at home!
What If I Don’t Have Crab
If you don’t have crab available you can opt for even imitation crab or buy cooked shrimp that you chop up small to use.
Or skip the meat altogether and just make a meatless stuffed mushroom.
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 stalk finely chopped celery
- 1/2 red pepper chopped
- 1 teaspoon old bay seasonings
- 1 egg
- 10 Mushrooms
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped lobster or crab
- 10 saltine crackers crumbled
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- chop garlic, celery, and pepper very fine.
- Saute in olive oil for 3-5 minutes until translucent
- wash and remove stems of mushrooms
- mix together crushed crackers, crab meat, seasoning, garlic, and onion.
- Mix in one egg
- spoon filling into each mushroom cap
- Preheat air fryer to 350
- Place in a single layer for 5 minutes
- Top each mushroom with cheese
- Continue cooking for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 90Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 232mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 8g