Craving Chipotle, but don’t want to get takeout? Make this easy copycat Chipotle Chicken recipe tonight! It’s quick, easy, and healthy and actually tastes better than at the restaurant.
Copycat Chipotle Chicken Recipe
Chipotle is one of my favorite places to eat in the entire world. I love going there and grabbing a Chicken burrito bowl. The other day I was standing in the really long Chipotle line when I suddenly had a thought, “why don’t I figure out how to make these at home!” So I went home (enjoyed my Chipotle) and then the next day set out to figure out how to make copycat Chipotle Chicken.
I have to say I nailed it. It is simple, juicy, tender, and has the chipotle flavor that we love!
If you are craving more copycat Chicken recipes, then try this Air Fryer Chick-Fil-A chicken sandwich.
How to make Copycat Chipotle Chicken Recipe
Tips Tricks and FAQs
- Be sure to let your chicken marinate for at least 30 minutes. This allows the flavors to really soak in.
- Chipotle uses boneless skinless chicken thighs Or chicken breast. This provides that really juicy moist flavor that we love. You can use any type of boneless skinless chicken if you prefer.
More Copy Cat Recipes you will love
I love making extra chicken so that I have plenty of leftovers throughout the week. You will want to store your leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the fridge.
This chicken freezes nicely. I love to freeze slices after it is already cooked. First, I cook the chicken and let it cool. Then slice it. Once it is sliced, I place the cut pieces on a piece of parchment paper on a tray and place it in the freezer. After a couple of hours (or until frozen), I pull the chicken out and put them in a freezer-safe bag, and return the bag to the freezer.
When I am ready to eat, I take out the desired amount and thaw and use.
Looking for other great chicken recipes, try these!
What can I do with my chicken?
There are so many great recipes that you can use your chicken for. Try it in:
- Burrito bowls
- And more
- Make your marinate.
- Blend together onion, garlic, chili powder, paprika, adobo sauce, and Cumin.
- Place chicken in marinate for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Using a Cast iron skillet place olive oil in pan
- Cook chicken about 5-8 minutes per side depending on the thickness of the chicken
- Cook until chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove from pan and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze half lime juice over chicken (optional)
- Slice and chop chicken.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 467Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 193mgSodium: 249mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 72g