Easy Homemade Peanut butter is super easy to make with just a few ingredients and about 5 minutes of your time. Once you make this (and taste it) you will never buy store-bought peanut butter again!
Easy Homemade Peanut Butter
There is nothing quite like homemade peanut butter. It is the most smooth and creamy peanut butter that I have ever tasted and pairs so well to make the perfect peanut butter and jelly sandwich or to use to make peanut butter cup brownies, mason jar peanut butter pie, or even slow cooker Reese’s Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cake!
You will love how easy this is to make, I mean this is probably the easiest recipe I have made!
With roasted peanuts, a Vitamix Blender or food processor, and 5 minutes you will have homemade peanut butter with an incredible texture that is oh so creamy and gluten Free!
How to Make Easy Homemade Peanut Butter
- To make all-natural Vitamix peanut butter you simply need one ingredient roasted peanuts and a Vitamix blender.
- Pour your whole peanuts into your vitamix
- slowly increase the speed from low to high speed
- scrape down the sides with your vitamix tapper making nuts go into the blades.
- Continue blending your nut butter on high for 5 minutes until creamy and smooth
- If you would like a crunchy peanut butter stop your blender when you still see small bits left.
- If you would like you can add a tbsp of honey to make your homemade nut butter sweet.
- scrape sides off the bowl and put natural peanut butter in a airtight container
Tips Tricks and FAQs
- If you don’t have a Vitamix blender you can make this in a food processor.
- You will want to stop your blender/food processor every now and again to give the motor a break. It will be working hard to make your delicious peanut butter.
- Dry roasted peanuts are the best nut to use. You can use unsalted or salted peanuts. If you opt for unsalted you will want to add a little salt at the end and mix it in.
- You might think you are doing something wrong because your peanut butter will be a little chunky and then form balls, but when it is ready it will be nice and creamy, just be patient it really does take 5 full minutes of mixing.
- If you wish you can swap out the nuts! Try almonds (almond butter), pistachio butter, or any other kind of nut that you choose.
- When making peanut butter you usually end up with 1/2 cup less peanut butter than cups of nuts that you begin with.
You will want to store your peanut butter in an airtight container in the fridge.
More How-To Recipes
How long does homemade peanut butter last?
Homemade peanut butter lasts for up to 3 months when stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
- 2 cups roasted Peanuts
- 1 tbsp honey (optional)
- Place 2 cups of nuts in your Vitamix Blender
- Start your machine on low and gradually go to high.
- blend for 5 minutes using your tapper to push the nuts towards the blades.
- Optional add honey and mix together on low for another minute
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 178Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 120mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 7g