Air Fryer Fried Pickles Texas Road House Copy Cat is one of my favorites! This is a Texas Road House Copycat Fried Pickle recipe. It is made right in the air fryer to make it even better. From the taste of the dill pickle to the cajun crispy crust these fried pickles will surely be a family favorite.
Serve them up as an appetizer as you root on your favorite team on Sunday night football or a side dish paired next to a juicy hamburger. No matter how you serve up these gems, they are dynamite in flavor.
Why Make Air Fryer Fried Pickles
- It is easy to make these fried pickles in minutes in the air fryer since you are not using the deep fryer you won’t have that big mess to clean up after.
- Goes with any dip which I love Air Fryer fried pickles in ranch or even jalapeno ranch if you enjoy some heat factor.
- You will get that crispy crust without all the calories and fat.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Fried Pickles
- Dill Pickles Sliced or Spears.
- Garlic Powder
- Cajun Spice like Tony Chachere’s Seasoning.
- Cayenne Pepper
- Cooking Oil or Pam Spray
How to Make Air Fryer Pickles
Mix together cajun spice with garlic powder and Cayenne Pepper.
Mix the flour and spices together.
Coat each pickle slice with the flour mixture. As a result they will have a nice crispy coating.
Place in a single layer in the preheated air fryer. Generously spray pickles with cooking spray or oil. Cook in the air fryer.
Flip over pickles and spray with cooking spray. That way they are all crispy. Continue cooking.
Tips and Tricks for Fried Pickles
- Make sure to dry your pickles, so the excess juice comes off. You can set them on a paper towel to help drain off the juice. This is what will help to ensure the coating sticks to the pickles.
- When you layout your pickles in the air fryer, ensure that you leave space between each pickle. If they are touching, they will be soggy in those areas.
- Make sure to check your pickles to make sure they don’t overcook. I say this because depending on what model you use of an air fryer, you might find it cooks a little differently. Plus, all pickle slices are not always the same size.
- Spray generously with cooking spray to avoid flour spots and to make them nice and crispy.
Frequently Asked Questions about Texas Road House Fried Pickles
Fried pickles are battered and then fried in grease or, in this case, air fried. The hot air circulates the hamburger-sliced pickles and gives them a crispy texture. Just a spritz of oil to help the batter crisp up is all you need. A healthier version of fried pickles.
I like using dill sliced for making fried pickles. Also, I have used spears, and they were outstanding. When made in the air fryer, the slices seem to fit better. But feel free to use whatever you want.
Texas roadhouse copycat Air Fried pickles are best when served fresh. If you want to save some, place it in an airtight container and store it in the fridge for up to two days.
Place them in the air fryer to reheat, and they will crisp up again.
Other Tasty Air Fryer Appetizers
What Sauce Goes Well With Crispy Fried Pickles
- Ranch or else you can use my Homemade Ranch
- Blue Cheese
- Aoli sauce
- Jalapeno Dip
- Cheese Dip
Using Ranch is my go-to dipping sauce but you can feel free to use whatever you like the best.
So what are you waiting for? This might be your next favorite appetizer or snack food.
If you love these Texas Road House Pickles then you will love More CopyCat Recipes
- Panera’s Copycat Broccoli and Cheddar Soup
- Chipotle Chicken
- Cinnamon Twists
- Dunkin donuts stuffed bagels
- 2 cups sliced dill pickles
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tbs cajun spice
- 1/2 tbs cayenne pepper
- Olive Oil or cooking spray
- Mix flour and spices.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Coat sliced pickles with flour mixture.
- Place in a single layer in your air fryer.
- Spray with a cooking spray or olive oil.
- Air Fry on 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Flip over pickles and spray with cooking spray.
- Continue cooking for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove and serve.
Use any of your favorite dipping sauces we used southwest ranch.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 66Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 567mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 2g