Air Fryer Fried Pickles are one of my favorites! This is a Texas Road House Copycat Fried Pickle recipe. To make it even better it is made right in the air fryer.
Serve it as an appetizer as you root on your favorite team on Sunday night football, or a side dish paired next to a juicy hamburger. No matter how you serve up these gems, they are dynamite in flavor.
Air Fryer Fried Pickles
I love dipping fried pickles in ranch or even jalapeno ranch if you enjoy some heat factor. This air fryer recipe gives you that crispy outside just like it was fried in grease.
What Are Fried Pickles
Fried pickles are battered and then fried in grease or in this case, air fried. The hot air circulates around the hamburger sliced pickles and gives it a crispy texture. Just a spritz of oil to help the batter crisp up is all you need. A healthier version of fried pickles.
Other Tasty Air Fryer Appetizers
What Are The Best Pickles For Air Fryer Fried Pickles
I love using hamburger slices for making fried pickles. Now I have had them using spears and they were outstanding as well. I find that using hamburger slices when being made in the air fryer the slices you can fit more. But, feel free to use whatever you want.
What Sauce Goes Well With Crispy Fried Pickles
- Blue Cheese
- Aoli sauce
- Jalapeno Dip
- Cheese Dip
You can eat your fried pickles plain or opt to add in a sauce or two for dipping. I love doing ranch it is my go-to but feel free to find whatever works best for you.
Tips For Making Air Fryer Fried Pickles
- Make sure to dry your pickles so the excess juice comes off. You can set them on a paper towel to help drain off the juice. This is what will help to ensure the coating sticks to the pickles.
- When you layout your pickles in the air fryer ensure that you leave space between each pickle. If they are touching they will be soggy in those areas.
- Make sure to check your pickles to make sure they don’t overcook. I say this because depending on what model you use of an air fryer you might find it cooks a little different. Plus all pickle slices are not always the same size.
How To Store Leftover Fried Pickles
Air Fried pickles are best when served fresh. You will find the crust becomes a bit soggy. If you want to try saving some, place in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to two days. Eat cold or warm them up in the microwave or oven for a reheat.
So what are you waiting for? This might be your next favorite appetizer or snack food.
- 2 Cups sliced dill pickles
- 1 Cup flour
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tbs Cajun spice
- 1/2 tbs cayenne pepper
- Olive Oil or cooking spray
- Mix together flour and spices
- Preheat air fryer to 400
- Coat sliced pickles with flour mixture
- place in a single layer in your air fryer
- Spray with a cooking spray or olive oil
- Cook on 400 for 10 minutes then flip them over
- continue cooking for an additional 5 minutes
Use any of your favorite dipping sauces we used southwest ranch.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 66 Total Fat: 2g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 567mg Carbohydrates: 11g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 0g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g