Cheesy Pull Apart Bread is an easy Italian appetizer loaded with garlic, melted butter, and mozzarella cheese. It’s baked to perfection, with the cheese in all the nooks and crannies of the bread.
Ingredients for pull-apart bread:
- Melted Butter: I used Keri Gold, but you can use your favorite butter.
- Sour Dough Bread: You can make homemade sourdough bread or store-bought crusty bread such as peasant bread, or a large Baguette will work for this recipe.
- Minced Garlic: 6 cloves of freshly chopped garlic you can replace with garlic powder if you do not have any real garlic available
- Mozzarella Cheese: I used freshly shredded cheese because it melts better. You can also use provolone, even Asiago, or a mix of cheeses.
- Parsley: I went with fresh parsley because I had it in my garden, but you can use dried or even Italian Seasonings for garnish it is completely optional.
Step by Step Directions for Cheesy Pull apart bread
Step 1: Slicing the bread
Preheat oven to 350.
Slice your Bread in 1″ slices, not all the way through, just to the bottom you can use chopsticks along the bottom, so you do not go all the way through the bread.
Turn and cut the bread in the other direction, not going all the way through the bread.
Step 2: Prepare the bread.
Melt Butter and Add garlic.
Spoon garlic into crevices of bread make sure to get each slice.
Step 3: Adding Cheese
Place shredded mozzarella in each slice of the bread.
Bake in preheated oven.
Tips and Tricks
- Cover with foil to prevent the cheese from browning.
- Spoon garlic butter into each slice of the bread.
- Use chopsticks along side the bread so you don’t cut all the way through it.
Frequently Asked Questions
I never have leftover cheese bread but if you do wrap in foil or plastic wrap and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
reheat in the oven at 350 for 10 minutes this will melt the cheese again and make the bread soft.
Yes, If you do not have mozzarella you can change it up and use shredded pepperjack, monterary, provalone, parmesan cheese, or even cheddar.
Yes, follow the directions above and simply place air fryer on 400 degrees. Cook for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cover the top with foil to avoid burning the cheese.
Yes, this bread is a perfect Italian appetizer with the garlic and mozzarella.
You can! Cut your bread and prepare store in plastic wrap in the fridge until you’re ready to bake.
- Italian Slider Appetizer
- Buffalo Chicken Pull Apart Bread
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip
- 4 tbsp melted butter (half stick)
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 Sourdough Bread or crusty bread
- 2 cups freshly shredded mozzarella
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut bread into 1'" slices but not all the way through the bread.
- Turn bread the other way and Cut 1" slices the other way.
- Melt Butter and stir in minced garlic, parsley, and salt.
- Using a spoon, pour the melted butter into each bread slit.
- Use a brush to brush the outside of the bread with more butter.
- Place mozzarella cheese in each cut of the bread.
- Bake for 10- 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove and garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 121Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 440mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g