Watermelon salad is the perfect side to compliment every meal all summer long as it combines juicy watermelon, cucumbers, mint, feta cheese with a light lime dressing. You will be blown away with the flavor combination in this delicious quick and easy salad. More Salad you will love is my 6-minute potato salad made right in the instant pot.
Watermelon and Mint Salad
Watermelon is one of my favorite things in the entire world which is why I am so excited to share with you one of my favorite summer salads, Watermelon mint salad.
If you are a watermelon fan, I know you are going to love this salad as much as I do! You will love the juicy flavor of the watermelon, with the crispness of the cucumber paired with a hint of mint and the pop of feta flavored that is all pulled together with a lime dressing! This will certainly become your new favorite salad all season long.
How to make this Watermelon salad recipe
- Cube Watermelon into 1″ cubes
- chop fresh mint and cucumbers add to your salad
- Add watermelon and mint to a large bowl
- add Feta Cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk lime juice and olive oil
Tips Tricks and FAQs
- When it comes to your Feta, buy the brick and break off your own pieces of Feta. The reason for this is that there is so much more flavor in the bricks of Feta rather than the pre-crumbled Feta.
- You can buy a seeded watermelon or seedless. I prefer the seedless so I don’t have to seed it making the prep that much easier.
- If you want to wow your guests with the presentation, you can use a melon baller… I usually just cut it in chunks, it and it still looks great!
- Fresh Mint browns quickly, so you want to add it just before serving.
Store your leftover salad in the fridge for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
Can I make this ahead of time?
Yes! You can easily prep this salad ahead of time. I would cut my watermelon, cucumber, and crumble my Feta and combine. Then cover and place it in the fridge. Mix your dressing and place it in a separate container in the fridge. Right before serving, add your mint, mix your dressing and combine it together.
Can I make this salad without the lime dressing?
You can, but the dressing is really what pulls all the flavors together.
- Small watermelon
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- 6 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Cube watermelon into 1' cubes
- Cut watermelon into slices
- add chopped fresh mint
- Top with Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Top with lime dressing
Whisk together lime juice and olive oil
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 262mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 5g