Butter Cake with Rasberry Sauce
You will need:
½ cup butter, softened
½ cup cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup milk
2 cups all purpose flour
For Rasberry Sauce
1 pint fresh raspberries
1/4 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup cold water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Oil a cast iron skillet.
- In a mixing bowl, mx together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter, cream cheese, eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Blend on high until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk (and ending with the milk). Beating on high for about 3 minutes until mixed well.
- Pour into prepared cast iron skillet, and place in heated oven.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, and let cool completely in cast iron pan.
- In a medium saucepan, add the butter, sugar, water, cornstarch and Rasberries. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until thickened…about five minutes.
- Serve hot or cold over butter cake.