Air Fryer roasted pumpkin seeds are a great snack that is easy to make and so versatile. With the health benefits, you will want to make these all year long.
Air Fryer Pumpkin Seeds
Pumpkins are a great fruit to pick up at the store this time of year. They provide so many health benefits that I love! I love to grab pumpkin pie pumpkins at the store and make Instant Pot Pumpkin Puree and then pull out all the seeds to make these air fryer roasted pumpkin seeds.
Pumpkin seeds in the air fryer not only are easy to make, but they are quick and provide a crispy texture which you will love.
Is it healthy to eat the shell of pumpkin seeds?
Yes, it is extremely healthy. In fact, it adds more fiber to your diet and helps reduce the risk of heart disease and obesity.
Are there benefits to eating pumpkin seeds?
Pumpkin seeds contain lots of nutrients. They are full of good fats, fibers, and antioxidants that are great for you. Nutrients include zinc, magnesium, and manganese.
Should I soak my seeds prior to roasting?
Soaking your seeds helps pull some of the salt out of the seed. This helps it become crispier when cooked and makes it easier to digest.
How to make Air Fryer Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Remove seeds from pumpkin
- Rinse seeds off removing all pumpkin
- coat with olive oil and salt
- Place in a single layer in the air fryer
- Air fry the pumpkin seeds
Tips Tricks and FAQs
- Although it might be a pain, you will want to make sure you clean the pumpkin seeds prior to cooking. Separate them from the pulp as much as you can and then place them in a colander and rinse as you pull the pulp away. After the pulp is removed, lay them on a paper towel and allow them to dry for 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Removing the outer shell. The pumpkin seed shell is white with a green seed inside. Some prefer to remove the seed from the shell, but I love to use it and eat it! It provides extra nutrients and I don’t want to go through the effort of shelling the pumpkin seeds.
- Adjust the cooking time as needed. If you would like crispier air fryer roasted pumpkin seeds, cook them for an additional couple of minutes.
- Be sure to only air fry about 1 cup of seeds at a time.
- Get creative! These roasted pumpkin seeds are deciduous, but feel free to use other seasonings to create even more delicious snack options.
No matter how you store your pumpkin seeds you will want to store them in an airtight container to ensure they stay fresh.
If storing your air fryer pumpkin seeds at room temperature they will last about 1 week.
I recommend storing your pumpkin seeds in the fridge. By storing them in an airtight container you can expect them to last 1-2 months, that is if you don’t eat them all first!
Love your air fryer? Try these recipes!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- Cut pumpkin in half
- remove all seeds
- rinse seeds and remove all pulp
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees
- Coat seeds in olive oil and sea salt
- Cook in a single layer for 5 minutes
- stir and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until golden brown
Add any seasonings you like such as everything bagel seasonings, garlic powder, or even sugar and cinnamon
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 53Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 698mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g