Not sure what to make tonight for dinner? Try these Instant Pot Beef Fajitas! An easy and quick Instant Pot Fajitas recipe that will satisfy the whole family.
Tender and juicy shredded beef, seasoning, and the classic pepper and onions. Serve in a warm tortilla and add on your favorite toppings!
Instant Pot Beef Fajitas
There is something about that sizzling pan coming from the kitchen at a restaurant that gets me excited. Hot, fresh, and bursting with flavor. You can now make incredible Fajitas at home in literally no time.
Why You Will Love this Instant Pot Fajitas Recipe
- Hands-off approach! Since you are using pre-cooked meat it speeds up prep! Then toss it in, set and walk away!
- Colorful helps for pretty presentation for serving guests.
- Fast and easy!
- Simple sides to pair with it! Chips and dip, rice, beans, etc.
What Type of Beef Is Used In Fajitas
For this recipe, I used a roast that I had pre-cooked and shredded from the Instant Pot! I just pulled from the freezer, added in veggies and seasoning and got to cooking!
Trust me this recipe is incredibly easy to make! So simple, basic ingredients, and totally worth the flavor.
Toppings to Add to Fajitas
- Sour cream
- Pick de Gallo
- Or any other taco topping
I like my Fajitas more on the plain side, but feel free to toss on any of your favorite toppings.
What Onions Work Best For Fajitas
Yellow onions are the most popular for making fajitas. They have a sharp but moldy sweet flavor as they break down. White onions can be used as well for replacement.
Meal Prepping with Fajitas
I made a large batch of shredded meat I used in my Instant Pot. I then tucked into my freezer and used that for meal prepping other meals.
Fajitas only require a few ingredients so it made it simple for grabbing meat, tossing in veggies and seasonings and cooking. If you enjoy stocking that freezer, this is a winning recipe.
What Kind of Sides to Serve With Fajitas
- Cilantro lime rice
- Mexican rice
- Refried Beans
- Green Salad
Fajitas can be an all in one meal. But those are sides my family enjoys next to the fajitas.
Ways to Serve Beef Fajitas
- Tortilla | the classic way! Use flour shells that are warmed and dive in.
- Nachos | make a bed of nachos and pile that meat on top! Incredible flavor. I drizzle on sour cream, salsa and guacamole, and cheese.
- Burrito | fajita meat in a rolled-up burrito is incredible. I had it once at a Mexican restaurant and it was fantastic.
- Burrito Bowl | Serve over rice with all your favorite toppings. Less mess, tasty and a creative way to eat your beef and pepper mixture.
How to Store Leftover Instant Pot Fajitas
Take all leftovers out of Instant Pot and transfer to an airtight container. Store in the fridge for up to three days.
To reheat simply warm in the microwave. Or opt to warm up in a skillet on the stove or even Instant Pot.
How To Freeze Shredded Beef Fajitas for later:
- Using a Gallon Size Ziplock Bag.
- Place Sliced Onion,
- sliced peppers,
- seasonings and shredded beef.
- Freeze 3-6 months.
How to Cook Fajitas from Frozen in your instant pot:
- Place the frozen package in your instant pot.
- Add 1/2 cup water.
- Cook on Manual high pressure for 4 minutes.
- It will take longer to come to pressure.
- Do a quick release
How To Cook in a Slow Cooker:
- Place contents of freezer bag in the slow cooker cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Give this easy Instant Pot Beef recipe a try today! Simplify dinner in a delicious way.
- 2 pounds shredded beef
- 1 onion sliced
- 3 peppers sliced
- 1 packet of fajita seasonings or homemade
- 1/2 cup water
I use pre-shredded beef for this recipe. You can use leftover pot roast or any shredded beef or this.
- Place Shredded Beef in the Instant Pot
- One Onion, Peppers, a packet of Fajita Seasonings
- 1/2 cup water
- Place pot on manual high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Do a quick release
To Freeze for later:
In a gallon size zip lock bag place Onion, peppers, seasonings and shredded beef.
Freeze 3-6 months.
To cook from Frozen:
Place the frozen package in your instant pot. Add 1/2 cup water. Cook on Manual high pressure for 4 minutes. It will take longer to come to pressure. Do a quick release
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 352 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 102mg Sodium: 215mg Carbohydrates: 16g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 34g