If you have not tried making this caramel pecan banana bread in your Instant Pot you are missing out. Instant Pot Caramel Pecan Banana Bread is Moist, delicious, and topped with crunchy pecans and a drizzle of caramel. Thanks to the Instant Pot, banana bread couldn’t get any easier. Serve with a cup of coffee or tall glass of milk, and savor every last crumb of this sweet caramel pecan banana bread recipe.
*This Recipe was Created by My Cousin Jamie Tanner*
I will be honest, I go to the store, shop and bring home bananas often. I tend to forget about them, they go brown and then banana bread or smoothies is what happens to them. Since I created this recipe, I countdown the days till I see those brown specks develop on the bananas.
Instant Pot Caramel Pecan Banana Bread
I love banana bread, whether it’s plain, chocolate chip varieties, blueberries, or even caramel and pecans. This recipe right here is probably my most favorite. The Instant Pot makes it super simple on my part, locks in the moisture, so you don’t end up with an overly dry bread in the end. I can’t tell you how many times that has happened with my oven banana bread recipes. One minute too long and it gets over dry. The Instant Pot seals up the moisture so it turns out great each time.
Patience is key to the perfect banana for baking. When you start seeing speckled spots resist the urge to start baking. Trust me, the wait is worth it in flavor. Try to wait till your banana is almost brown all over, this is a really ripe banana that will give you the perfect banana flavor to your bread.
Benefits to Ripe Bananas for Banana Bread
Allowing your bananas to really ripen has many benefits. You get a sweeter and bolder banana flavor in your baked goods. Also, you are able to mash the bananas easier for a more smooth texture in your batter.
How do I Ripen My Bananas Faster
Start out by grappling a paper bag. Place your bananas in the bag and loosely close it. To speed the process up even more place a tomato or apple in the bag as well. The ethylene will build in the paper bag which helps ripen your banana a lot quicker than sitting on your counter. Just check on the bananas each day to see where they are in terms of ripeness.
You can’t use plastic bags for this, it needs to be paper. Paper bags still allow oxygen to pass through, this is needed or you will just end up with rotten bananas.
Instant Pot Caramel Pecan Banana Bread
Serve this banana bread up at breakfast, brunch or a snack anytime of day. You all will love this version of banana bread. The Instant Pot is the perfect way to simplify banana bread in the cooking process and get moist and delicious results.
- 3 Bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 TSP baking soda
- 1/2 tbs salt
- 4 tbs vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup pecans
- 12 oz caramel sauce
- In bowl mash bananas add 2 eggs,
- Stir in margarine , sugars, baking soda, vanilla, and Salt till well combine.
- Stir in flour mix well.
- Place one cup water in the bottom of the Instant pot along with a trivet
- Spray your spring form pan with cooking spray or oil
- Pour Caramel topping into pan
- Chop pecans and place on top of caramel
- Pour batter over the pecans
- Place in the Instant Pot for 48 minutes on high pressure
- Do a natural release for 5 minutes then do a quick release.
- once done remove from instant pot and Tip Pan over onto a serving plate. Remove spring form pan and enjoy!
- Fayy 7 Inch Springform Pan Compatible for Instant Pot Accessories and Pressure Cooker 6, 8 Quart
- Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 387 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 31mg Sodium: 585mg Carbohydrates: 59g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 39g Protein: 5g